~Chapter Six~

Madison was beginning to lose her patience

Madison was beginning to lose her patience. Stefan and Damon's plan had failed and now all three of them were stuck paying the price. This was not how she wanted to spend her night.

"We're missing the party," Katherine states, making the three other vampires in the room roll their eyes. "I'll have one of those." She tells Damon, who is standing beside Maddy pouring himself a drink.

"Right away Miss Katherine." He says, mimicking the voice of a servant.

"Thank you." She smirks as Damon hands her the glass, then takes a sip.

Quickly grabbing her, Damon pushes her against the wall, stake in his hand. Anger flooded his eyes, his nostrils flaring as he stared down at the brunette.

"No, no! Damon, don't!" Stefan shouts, speeding over and stopping his brother as Madison sat back and watched the scene unfold.

"Yes, Damon, please," Katherine smirks, taunting the older Salvatore.

"The second the spell is lifted, I'm gonna drive a stake right through your heart," Damon growls.

"Get in line." Maddy scoffs, kicking her feet up on the couch once again.

"God, you're hot. When did you get so hot?" She asks, trailing a finger up and down his chest seductively making him take a step back.

As if she knew that everyone in the room was ready to kill Katherine, whether she was linked to Elena or not, a witch approaches the room. Madison recognized the witch as Lucy Bennett. She stood there with what Maddy assumed was the moonstone.

"Katherine, the spell on this room has been broken, you're free to leave." The witch says.

"Thank god." Katherine sighs walking past the three vampires and towards the door.

A wave of relief washed over Madison. She was finally almost free of Katherine's overwhelming negative presence.

"When I hand this over my debt to you is over," Lucy says before Katherine can grab the stone.

"Done." She nods.

"I owe you nothing."

"I said done, now give it." Katherine sneers impatiently.

"I wouldn't do that." Damon states.

Maddy stands up slowly while narrowing her eyes. She watched intently as Katherine grabbed the moonstone from Lucy's hand. Something was up, she could feel it in the air and her bones. Lucy wasn't gonna give the moonstone to Katherine that easily, and Madison was right. As soon as the doppelgänger vampire had the stone safely in her hands, she started to choke. Her eyes widened as she gasped for air, Lucy Bennett being the one to cause the lack of oxygen.