~Chapter Forty Five~

"No

"No..." Stefan whispers, speeding over to Maddy. "What did you?" He asks, kneeling by her.

"What I should've done the second this shit fest began." She states.

"She flipped her switch. Look what you made her do!" Stefan shouts, glancing at Klaus.

"All I did was tell her the truth. Something you and your friends failed to do." Klaus shrugs.

Stefan stood there in shock as he watched Maddy stand up. Her eyes were hard and cold, no longer holding love and kindness for anyone. Nice Maddy was no longer there.

"What's wrong Stefan? Scared I'm gonna tell all your secrets now?" Maddy smirks, referring to the secret of Elena still being alive. "Don't worry, I'll keep quiet... Until I get bored."

"Something's wrong." Klaus's voice catches their attention while standing by Ray who's eyes were bleeding.

"Ouch. That looks bad." Maddy states.

"That shouldn't be happening, should it?" Stefan questions.

"Well, obviously," Klaus says.

"Looks like your whole plan for an army isn't gonna work out after all." Maddy raises her brows in amusement, holding back a laugh.

After a few more seconds Rays body starts shaking as his eyes still bleed. "You said it was gonna feel better. Why doesn't it feel better?" He cries.

"Some master race." Stefan sighs sarcastically.

"Lose the attitude." Klaus glances at Stefan. "Derek, come feed your girlfriend." He demands as the woman awakes.

Ray snarls, his body jerking a few times before he leaps up and makes a run for it. "And off he goes," Maddy states watching him pass her.

"You couldn't have caught him?" Klaus questions, placing his hands on his hips.

"He's not my problem." She shrugs.

"Go get him." He demands.

With a sigh, Stefan and Maddy chase after the loose hybrid. Stefan jumps on Ray, pushing him to the ground. Ray bites him before getting back up. He stops in front of Maddy snarling at her. Her face instantly changes her vampire features now on full display. Ray backs down with a whimper before running off again.

"You could've helped." Stefan huffs, getting up from the floor.

"I could have, I just didn't want to." She states blankly. "Well, would you look at that?" Maddy smirks looking past the Salvatore. "Lover girl finally found you."