~Chapter Thirty~

"Ah, this is bad

"Ah, this is bad. Between Isobel and Jenna and now Matt, this is disaster bad." Elena panics as she, Stefan, and Maddy sat in her bedroom.

It had been a hectic few hours. Matt Donavan had found out about vampires. Elena's birth mother and Alaric's ex-wife, Isobel, showed up on Elena's doorstep. And Jenna wasn't speaking to Elena or Alaric.

"Yeah." Stefan nods as John enters the room.

"Maddy, good to see you're still alive and breathing." He greets the strawberry blonde. "How'd you manage that?"

"Long story. Why are you still lingering around knowing Elena doesn't want you here?" She questions.

"Ouch. What's the matter with her?" He turns, asking Elena and Stefan.

"No humanity." Stefan sighs, crossing his arms.

"Hmm. Well, Elena, can you come downstairs, please? I need to talk to you."

"Heh. I have nothing to say to you." Elena scoffs.

"Please. It's important. You, too, Stefan, and bring her." He says, pointing to Maddy.

With a sigh, Maddy stands up and follows everyone out the room and downstairs. She didn't really care to be there. Stefan had just convinced her to go for moral support because Elena would need it. Not that she actually gave a damn, but she figured if it would shut him up then she would do it.

The three of them stand there as a dark-haired woman makes her way out of the kitchen. Isobel Fleming. "I asked John for a do-over." She says.

"You invited her in?" Elena questions, giving John an irritated look.

"She has information about Klaus. Please, just listen to her, okay?" John begs.

"Well, this should be interesting." Maddy sighs crossing her arms.

She could already tell that she didn't like Isobel. Who leaves their husband so they can turn into a vampire? That was one of the most pathetic things she had ever heard. To Madison, Isobel was absolutely pathetic.

"All right. What do you know?" Stefan questions as they all now stood in the kitchen.

"Since I was last here, I've been doing everything possible to find Klaus. We knew our best chance was to find him before he could find you." Isobel speaks, trying her best to ignore the disgusted glare she was receiving from a certain strawberry blonde.