~Chapter Fifty Seven~

The car ride back to Mystic Falls was silent

The car ride back to Mystic Falls was silent. Surprisingly, Genevieve didn't have many questions for someone who had been dead for over a hundred years. She had spent most of the trip gazing out the window with a small smile on her face. That was ok with Maddy, it gave her time to gather her thoughts.

What were they gonna say when they meet Genevieve? Would they be upset that she kept her being back a secret? What if Genevieve didn't like them? Who would she tell first? Maybe she should bring Genevieve to meet Rebekah. But what if Stefan and Damon were home? She really didn't wanna see Damon right now. As for Stefan, who knows what kind of stupid comment he would make if she showed up at the Salvatore residence with Genevieve right beside her.

So, she settled on going home and calling Rebekah from there. Certainly Bonnie wouldn't still be waiting for her. The witch had other things to do than sit around and wait for Maddy to show up.

"You never told me what your plan was." Genevieve states, as the two of them enter the house.

"That's because I don't want you to worry about it." Maddy shuts the door behind them.

"Maddy!" Bonnie's voice rings through the living room, the young witch quickly standing from the couch, Caroline standing beside her. "Oh thank god, I thought something happened to you." She sighs in relief, walking towards the vampire and pulling her into a hug.

"I'm fine Bon, I just had something I had to take care of." Madison smiles gently as the two of them pull away from each other. "Why's she here?" She questions, her eyes falling on Caroline who stood with a frown on her face.

"I was here comforting Bonnie while you were probably out slumming it Klaus." Caroline sasses.

"A, I wasn't with Klaus. B, if I was it most definitely wouldn't be any of your concern. And C, I don't recall asking you."

"Well, I answered." The blonde narrows her eyes.

"Well, next time don't."

"And I should listen to you because?"

"Because you're an unwanted guest in my house, therefore if you speak to me without my permission I will snap your neck and toss your body outside where it belongs." Maddy states, causing Caroline to snap her mouth shut.

"Who's this?" Bonnie questions, pointing at Genevieve who had finally caught their attention.

Maddy sighs, resting her hand on Genevieve's shoulder as she looks up at Bonnie, a proud smile on her face. "This... This is my daughter."