~Chapter Forty Four~

Maddy sat at the bar with her legs propped up on the empty seat beside her watching Stefan throw darts that had been soaked in wolfsbane at Ray

Maddy sat at the bar with her legs propped up on the empty seat beside her watching Stefan throw darts that had been soaked in wolfsbane at Ray. She had lost interest in the whole ordeal the first five minutes after it started. Torturing people wasn't really her thing unless it was for her own reasons.

"Ray, you can end this right now. Just tell me where your pack gathers for the full moon." Stefan speaks.

"I can't." Ray denies, shaking his head.

"I know, I know. You live by code and all that, but see he's not gonna let me stop until you tell me. And I do whatever he says so, that's the way it goes around here." Stefan explains.

Maddy's attention is gained by a woman who approaches Klaus and whispers in his ear. "Hello, mister Klaus. I have some more information for you. You told me to tell you if I saw anything. I saw the guy's brother, Damon at the farmhouse." The woman speaks, making Maddy and Stefan's ears perk up at the mention of the older Salvatore.

"Well, thank you, Claudine. You just tell your friends to keep up the good work." He praises before the woman walks away.

"My brother still on our trail?" Stefan questions, now standing beside Klaus and Maddy.

"He's getting closer, I'm gonna have to deal with that." Klaus states standing from his seat.

Stefan quickly grabs the hybrid's arm before speaking. "No, no, no! Let me handle it."

"Yeah, maybe when you handle it, you can tell him how kidnapped me and helped Klaus hold me hostage." Maddy smiles sarcastically. "Then he'll get to see what a real douche bag you are."

"Calm down now love." Klaus smiles at her before turning back to Stefan. "Why should I let you leave?"

"Cause, you'll know I'll come back."

"Do I?" Klaus questions.

"You saved my brother's life; I'm at your service."

"Oh please, I saved your life and your brother's life plenty of times and all you've done in return is stab me in the back. You're a liar, Stefan. I wouldn't trust him, Klaus." Maddy states, taking a gulp from the bottle of bourbon that sat beside her.

"She's right. You claim to love her and care about her but you didn't hesitate when I told you to betray her. How do I know you won't do the same to me?"

"You don't, I'll just have to prove it to you." Stefan sighs.

"Ah, you sound so tedious and indentured. Aren't you even having the least bit of fun?" Klaus questions, gesturing towards a still chained-up Ray.