~Chapter One ~

Madison Sinclair sat on her couch with a blood bag in her hand

Madison Sinclair sat on her couch with a blood bag in her hand. Her foggy green eyes were glued on the television that sat in front of her. She had turned on the tv to distract her from the faint voices she heard in her head, and whatever show that was on caught her attention. It was kind of dumb, but she figured it was better than sitting and listening to the whispers in her head.

The voices had been talking for at least two or three days now and it was starting to highly irritate her. Usually drinking a blood bag would help stop them, but she was on her eighth one and the whispers had yet to stop. It had been centuries since the voices were this bad. The constant mumbled sentences, the dull aching that was starting to feel like someone was stabbing her in the head repeatedly, none of it was stopping. It was only getting worse.

Letting out an annoyed groan, she chucks the bag across the room, the crimson red blood splattering on a nearby wall.

"Damn it." She sighs, running a hand through her strawberry blonde curls as she watches the red substance leak onto the hardwood floor.

Hearing a knock at the door stops her from walking towards the mess she made. She rolls her eyes, hoping it wasn't someone she'd have to compel to go away. She was definitely not in her right mind to focus all her attention on one person just to get them to leave her alone.

Speeding to the front door, she swings it open, a look of irritation on her face. Her face falls to a frown when she notices the familiar face standing on her porch.

"Damon," She smiles, crossing her arms over her chest. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" She asks, sarcasm dripping from every word.

Damon Salvatore, a one hundred and fifty year old vampire. A baby compared to Madison, considering she was almost nine hundred years old. He had dark raven hair and cunning blue eyes to match. She had met Damon and his younger brother, Stefan, back in the 1800's. Before they had turned into vampires.

The younger vampire ran his tongue over his bottom lip as his eyes scanned over the older vampire. He was admiring the way her tank top hugged her curves and the way her shorts exposed her beautiful smooth legs. She definitely wasn't tall, in fact she was probably one of the shortest people he'd ever met. But her legs were one of her many best features, along with her eyes, smile, and curvy yet slim figure.

"I can't stop by and see an old friend?" He asks, wearing a teasing smirk.

"Hmm, considering we aren't friends, no you can't." She sighs, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh Maddy," he smiles, walking through the door and straight past her. "You know you miss me, because I miss you."

Madison shuts the door rolling her eyes as she turns to face the oldest Salvatore. "Why in the hell would I miss you?"