~Chapter Thirty Five~

"So you don't remember anything that happened?" Stefan questions Alaric as everyone now stood in the living room

"No. It's like I blacked out and woke up three days later." Ric shakes his head.

"Good, because you were saying some creepy shit," Maddy states, leaning against the couch with her arms crossed.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes. "Katherine was there." He says, turning back to Stefan.

"She's under compulsion. Damon snuck her some vervain, but she can't leave until Klaus tells her she can." The younger Salvatore explains.

"Where is Damon?" Elena asks, looking around for the raven-haired vampire.

"I saw him go upstairs," Jenna says as Maddy points her towards the staircase.

"So what else did I do?" Alaric sighs as Elena goes upstairs to find Damon.

"You tried hitting on me. A couple of times actually." Maddy chuckles.

Elijah's body tensed when those words left Madison's mouth. He knew that meant Klaus was hitting on her. And if Klaus was flirting with her then that meant he was interested in her for more than just her powers.

"I'm sorry, Maddy." Alaric sighs.

"Don't be. I thought it was funny." She smiles. "Other than that you didn't do anything too interesting."

"He attacked me." Jenna reminds.

"Eh, not that important." Maddy shrugs.

"Maddy," Stefan warns.

"I'm joking. Of course, it's important. We can't lose Aunt Jenna." She smiles, gently nudging the woman's shoulder.

Before anyone could spark up a new conversation the sound of Elena shouting gains their attention. Stefan and Maddy quickly glance at each other before they both speed to Damon's room.

"What the hell happened?" Maddy questions, seeing Elena on the floor with blood on her mouth after Stefan pulls Damon away from her.

"What did you do?! Huh? What did you do?!" Stefan shouts as Maddy crouched beside Elena, using her sleeve to wipe the blood from her mouth.

"I saved her life." Damon states then looks at Elena. "You're so bent on dying, at least this way I know you'll come back."