~Chapter Fifty Two~

She stood in the classroom deep in thought, her arms crossed over her chest

She stood in the classroom deep in thought, her arms crossed over her chest. Tyler's body was on the floor, still unconscious, Caroline sitting next to him with her head in her hands. Rebekah sat on a desk, her eyes glancing over at Madison who was sitting in a chair at the teacher's desk. She could tell her friend was having an internal battle with herself and she knew very well it was because of her brother.

Maddy's eyes turned towards Caroline who stood from her spot to face her. "Are you on their side?" The Forbes girl questions, nodding at Rebekah.

"I'm not on anyone's side. Quite frankly I don't want anything to do with this at all." Maddy sighs, running a hand through her hair.

"Well you do have something to do with it, so you don't get to just sit ad watch. Look what they did to Tyler while you just stood there!" She shouts.

The irritation had finally boiled over, Madison was pissed. She quickly stood from the chair and sped over to the younger vampire as Rebekah watched with a smile etched on her face. Slamming her against a nearby wall, the fury in her eyes ignited.

"Listen here you ungrateful little bitch, I could end your life just as easy as I saved it. If you really think I'm gonna feel sorry for the same guy who tried to kill me, you're dumber than I thought." She growls, putting more pressure on Caroline's throat as she struggled. "I have no intention of helping him ever again. You're lucky I'm not letting Klaus and Rebekah tear his little werewolf ass apart."

Maddy backs away from the frightened blonde, regaining her composure. She had already been pissed off by Elena and Matt. Now, Caroline was giving her a load of her bullshit. Why couldn't these people cut her some slack? They weren't the only ones going through shit.

She was constantly torn between the people she cared about and her happiness, her heart and her head, her love life and her sanity. It was like they thought she didn't have her own battles to fight. Like she didn't have her own demons to fight off. Everyone thought Madison Sinclair was this all-powerful invincible woman when deep down she was just as broken and scared as everybody else.

Scared of losing herself. Scared of making the wrong decisions and having the people she cared about hating her. Scared of being alone again. All she wanted was to be loved and cared about the same way she loved and cared about other people. But, that seemed to be too much to ask. She gave people so much only to receive so little.

She was pulled out of thoughts by Tyler gasping awake. "Where am I? What happened?" He questions frantically.

Caroline rushes over to her boyfriend with sympathy on her face. "Tyler." She sighs.

"Don't be shy about it." Rebekah states.

"What's going on?"