~Chapter Seventy Two~

"Sure, Elena, come right in," Maddy speaks sarcastically, as Elena walks through her front door with a look of distress on her face

"I need your advice." Elena sighs, plopping down on the couch.

"I didn't know we were on giving advice terms. Or barging into each other's houses terms." Maddy raises her eyebrows as she shuts the door behind them.

"It's about Jeremy."

"What's wrong with him?" Her ears perk up as sits beside Elena.

Jeremy Gilbert was someone Madison truly cared about to no ends. Whether it be because he was only a little bit older than Genevieve or because he was thrown into a life full of death and danger over something that had absolutely nothing to do with him. She felt sympathy for all of them, but she felt it the most for Jeremy.

"Nothing. I just don't know how to keep him safe. I mean he just cut off someone's head, Maddy. He's just a kid and living a life he shouldn't be because of me." The doppelgänger rants, tears forming in her eyes.

"Elena, we've already been over this. It's not your fault that all this is happening." Maddy sighs.

"I want him to be safe and live a life where the only thing he needs to stress about is his grades."

"Well, he's not gonna be able to do that here. It's Mystic Falls, no one's ever actually safe." Maddy concludes. "Maybe you should let him go somewhere that doesn't revolve around the supernatural." She suggests.

"You're saying we should leave Mystic Falls?" Elena questions.

"No, I'm saying he should leave Mystic Falls." Maddy corrects.

"I can't leave him by himself." Elena shakes her head.

"You can't let him stay in this town either. Face it, Elena, you either let him be involved and learn ways to defend himself. Or you let him leave."

Once again, as always, Maddy was right. Sighing, the doppelgänger glances around before furrowing her eyebrows together.

"Where's Bonnie?"

"What do you mean?" Maddy tilts her head.

"She said she was coming over here like two hours ago. You haven't seen her?"

"No. Maybe she just went home." She shrugs. "Probably ended up falling asleep. She looked like she could use it."

Elena sighs, staring at Maddy as she rests her chin in the palm of her hand. "I'm sorry, Maddy."