~Chapter Twenty Four~

The Salvatore house was dead silent

The Salvatore house was dead silent. Damon and Stefan sat in the parlor room both sipping on a glass of bourbon. Madison's body laid upstairs, still in the same room. It had been a few hours since she died, but neither of them could bring themselves to move her.

If they moved her then it would be all too real. It would mean that she was actually gone. Damon stared into the fire with a blank look. Losing Maddy for good made him feel like he lost a part of himself. He felt numb inside like he couldn't feel anything.

For Stefan, it was like losing his best friend, Lexi Branson all over again, but worse.  He could handle the pain of Lexi dying. Madison dying felt different. It felt like he was losing a family member. Someone who protected and cared for him and Damon when no one else did. If anyone in the world deserved to live a happy life forever it was Madison Sinclair.

"We have to move her eventually." Stefan sighs, glancing at his brother.

"I know. Just not yet." Damon responds without sparing Stefan a glance.

"What are we gonna do with her?"

"Burry her, properly. She deserves that." He says, finishing off his drink.

Stefan nods his head standing up from his seat. "We bury her together."

"Together."

Upstairs in the room that held Maddy's body, black smoke seeped through the window. The smoke made its way over to the deceased vampire, covering her body like a cloak. It wrapped itself around her arms, slowly working its way to the rest of her body, making the grey veins disappear from her skin.

The smoke moves up her body, stopping at her mouth. In one quick motion, her mouth snaps open, the smoke flying into it. Her mouth closes again, her eyes opening and displaying deep empty pools of black.

Blinking, her eyes return to normal and she slowly sits up. Her face was blank, void of any kind of emotion. Swinging her legs over the bed, she stands up looking around the room. Her head tilts to the side as if it were the first time she had been in the bedroom.

She turns around as she hears footsteps approach the room. The door clicks as Damon and Stefan push it open. Their eyes nearly pop out of their sockets when they spot Madison standing up, healthy and alive.

"Maddy?" Damon questions, his eyes scanning over her body.

The werewolf bite was completely gone, her body healed of any marks or wounds. She tilts her head, staring at them with a small sinister smile.