7: Check Mate

"Were you able to exorcise it?" Gakuganji asked.

"You're asking me, a student, if I finished off your dirty work?" I scoffed. "That's not my job."

He sighed loudly while Satoru laughed.

"Always playing your games," Satoru teased.

"It's not a game," I looked intensely at Gakuganji. "If you want my help, graduate me."

"She's right. It's pointless to keep her back like this," Utahime added.

"But then who will Gakuganji control? He does like to be manipulative," Satoru smirked.

"Gojo," Yaga called out simply, trying to stop that conversation from going any further.

"Fine, Y/n. I'll make you a deal," Gakuganji finally spoke up.

"I'm not interested in making deals with the devil. I want my freedom."

Satoru laughed loudly again, and I shot him a look.

Ganji ignored me completely, "I'll graduate you on the condition that you become a teacher."

My eyes widened. He can't be serious.

"A teacher to the young first years, including Sukuna's vessel."

Satoru squealed in excitement. I'm sure he was looking forward to working together and ensuring I didn't run off again, but as far as I was concerned, that would be worse than being a student.

A demotion to say the least. I wasn't cut out to be a teacher, and I would still be under Jujutsu High's control.

"What the fuck? No way," I huffed. "I'm leaving."

I went to walk away when he spoke up again.

"However, should you refuse, you will remain a student indefinitely. I will assign you no missions. You will make no money. And you will be forced to stay within the bounds of Kyoto."

There was complete silence in the room now as I turned to face him.

"Y-you can't do that," I whispered out in utter shock.

"As the principal, and your elder, I may do as I wish."

I looked around frantically at the teachers and professionals in the room. They all stayed silent.

"A-are you serious!?" I raised my voice. "You can't do this to me!!"

I was desperately holding back tears. This asshole has been trying to control me ever since we met, and it was clear he had no intentions of letting up.

They all wanted control over my power. And since I wasn't a part of any clan or jujutsu family, they had no other way to do so.

A power like mine could easily turn into something dark... something cursed. Or, at least that's what I had been constantly told.

"I'm not yours to own!!" I yelled, the tears welling up despite my best efforts.

Satoru came and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Do you have nothing to say about this?" I hissed at him. He never usually held back his thoughts of disapproval, why was he doing so now?

"Y/n—" Utahime began, but I quickly cut her off.

"Why would you even want me as Yuji's teacher?! What good would possibly come of that?"