44: Atonement

"Kenjaku!" a guy I had never seen before called out. "You won't be getting away this time. I'll put my life on the line to save my little brother!"

Kenjaku? Is this not Geto? Who's this guy's brother?

My empty eyes watched as he tried to use his technique against Geto, barely making any kind of mark with his blood manipulation. So he's a Kamo?

"Itadori, are you two related? Is he really your older brother?" Panda asked.

"N-no," Yuuji huffed out. "He almost killed me earlier."

I was so confused, but I tried to stay focused. I needed more information before I went forward. Geto was busy for the moment, but I knew I would only have just a moment.

I looked at Yuuji, "I need to speak with Sukuna."

"Huh?" he furrowed his brows at me. "Why?"

"Yes my dear?" a strange mouth appeared on the side of Yuuji's face, causing the smallest smile to curl up on my lips.

"Sukuna, who's Kenjaku? Why do I somehow know him?"

His voice was ice cold as he spoke, "He's the one who led the attack against Chikyoko."

My eyes widened as I glanced back over to Geto, "And that's him? It isn't Geto?"

"It's Kenjaku who has used his technique for a thousand years to transfer bodies and live. He was the only one who escaped that day."

"How do I kill it?" I looked at Yuuji, so badly wanting to just see Sukuna one last time but instead staring into the eyes of a lost, exhausted child who I could no longer protect.

"Y/n..." Sukuna huffed out my name.

"I have to end this."

A soft sigh escaped his lips, "Then you already know how."

I closed my eyes as a few tears escaped, realizing what was to come.

"Sukuna. As the last Sato, will you please keep your promise?"

"So you've chosen."

"Sukuna—"

"He isn't worth it," he cut me off.

"It's not just him, Sukuna. It's all of them."

"And your clan?"

"I just need you to keep your promise."

He sighed softly, "I cannot deceive a Sato. Once I say yes, it is a binding contract, one that will cost my life."

My eyes widened as he revealed that. That was why he protected Megumi. That's why he switched back with Yuuji when he was on the verge of overrunning his body. He is incapable of putting any of them in danger now.

"Thank you," I breathed out before returning my gaze to Geto who was eyeing me with a devious smirk.

"Y/n-sensei..." Yuuji called out. "What's the plan?"

••••

**Satoru POV**

Geto, or Noritoshi or Kenjaku or whoever this asshole was, brought the realm out of his pocket, holding it in front of him.

He had just finished revealing his plan to Y/n, and now that the prison realm had opened its eyes, I could finally see her.

Her face was dark and shadowed, void of any emotion as she stared at Geto. Her clothes were tattered, showing bits and pieces of her scarred skin.