35: *law & order sound*

**Satoru POV: October 31st, 7:09pm**

I woke up to the feeling of a slight vibration in my pocket. I was so tired I didn't even bother to put my phone away.

I reluctantly sat up, smiling as Y/n peacefully slept next to me. She was cuddled up in the blankets, readjusting herself after I had moved away from her grasp.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket, closing my eyes and letting out a soft sigh as I saw Yaga's name pop up on the screen.

If he's calling that means there's something wrong. Another mission. It took everything I had not to ignore it. I really just wanted to stay with Y/n tonight.

"Hello?" I mumbled softly.

"It's an emergency. A curtain with a 400-meter radius was cast centred at the Tokyo Department Store Toyoko Branch."

"What?" I carefully climbed out of the bed, starting to get my shoes back on. "Shibuya Station?"

"Yes, we're not entirely sure what's going on. We need you to get there now."

"Shit, ok. I'll be right there. How many people are trapped?"

"It's hard to tell. Hundreds at least. Probably thousands."

"Any more information?"

"We have three teams standing by to help, but we need you to go in first. We're almost positive it's the Special Grades."

"Right. I'll get there now."

"And Y/n?"

I looked back over at her, just the sight making my heart ache. I couldn't let her be a part of this. Not with everything going on and not with her lack of control.

I couldn't let her get hurt.

"She's not coming. Tell everyone not to say a word to her. She's not to know."

I hung up the phone and walked to her desk. I wrote up a quick note and left it on her nightstand.

I gently pushed the hair out of her face, leaning in to kiss her forehead, "I love you."

I sighed as I walked out of the room, and stopped right on the other side of her door. She was going to hate me for this, but I didn't have time to think too much about that.

I brought my hand up in front of me and created a curtain around her room. If she woke up and did happen to learn about this, I had to make sure she couldn't get out.

Shibuya wasn't exactly nearby, so I didn't know for certain that the barrier would trap her in here all night, but it'd keep her bound up for at least awhile. Hopefully just long enough for me to take care of this.

I already knew she would rip into me tomorrow for
sealing her in with a curtain, but it was a risk I had to take. I'd rather have her angry tomorrow than destructive, or possibly even dead, tonight.

She would just have to trust me on this one. It was for her own safety. And honestly, the safety of everyone else too.

These things were obviously after her to some degree, and we could handle it on our own. Sure she'd make it easier, but still, there's was nothing for me to really worry about.

Besides, I had my own score to settle with these assholes. I'd have to teach them to quit fucking with everyone I loved.

••••

**Y/n POV: October 31st 8:12pm**

I woke up a little more disoriented than usual. It was still just barely light outside when I fell asleep, but now it was dark in my room, the only light coming from my small lamp.