38: Domain

I ran around Shibuya, looking for anyone who knew anything about what the hell was going on. But all I found were transfigured humans. I finished them quickly as I searched for Satoru.

Yuuji and Megumi were of no help. They literally didn't tell me anything of substance and seemed just as clueless as I was. It was so frustrating. They had been here since the beginning.

Did they ever pay attention?

So Yuuji went off while Megumi took Ino to Ieiri who was on standby to help with injuries. Meanwhile, I ran aimlessly. Wasting time and energy with every step.

I dipped below ground towards one of the subway terminals, hoping to maybe find someone there. The streets were mostly cleared at this point, so there was no use in sticking around.

I skidded to a stop as I saw a round sphere of the outside of a domain. One area was turning into a black like liquid, a substance I recognized immediately.

That's Megumi's partial domain. Is he trapped in there? Is he trying to take over the current domain?

I quickly grabbed my phone to check the time. I felt as though I had been running forever, but only a few minutes had passed by.

10:20 pm.

This was still taking way too long. And I haven't found Satoru or even any hints of where he may be. Either way, Megumi's also on my list of people who have to live, so I couldn't just pass by as if I didn't see this.

Damn, so much for being heartless. This list is a lot longer than I realized.

I froze as a large man popped up beside me, interested in the same domain I was about to enter. I eyed him carefully, looking his large body up and down as he did the same to me in return.

He looked familiar. His facial features and hair reminding me of someone... I just couldn't quite place it. He didn't have any cursed energy coming off of him though, so part of me wasn't worried.

"You here to help? Or get in my way?" I asked him.

He smirked, "The little Sato girl is all grown up. Who would've guessed."

"Oh, so you've heard of me?"

"And maybe you've heard of me. Toji."

My eyes widened, "Fushiguro?"

This bastard is Megumi's dad!?

"The one and only."

I wanted so badly to fight him right here, make him pay for what Satoru told me about their little deal. Make him suffer like how Megumi suffered...

I felt how heartbroken he was when we connected after his battle under the bridge. His father really did a number on him.

I clenched my jaw as my breath began to steadily increase. I should kill this asshole right here.

Suddenly, the domain began to rattle snapping my attention back to the situation at hand.

"Fuck," I mumbled.

"After you," Toji gestured towards the domain. Since Megumi was battling for dominance, there was an easy entrance point.

I turned on my heels to face the man that towered over me. I didn't care how pathetically small I was compared to him. I wasn't afraid.

"Listen you piece of shit. I'm saving Megumi and whoever else is trapped in there. You get in my way, and I'll kill you without hesitation."

His smirk widened just barely, "I'd expect nothing less sweetheart."

"Asshole," I muttered as I prepared to enter the domain.

I stepped inside with Toji right on my heels, watching as Maki, Naobito, and Nanami fought the cursed spirit as Megumi tried to fight back with his own domain.

"Y/n-sensei!?" Megumi yelled, making the other 3 finally notice me as well.

"Who's that!?" Maki called out.

"No one important," I answered.

Just then, Naobito yelled his name, "Toji!?"

Toji made his way to Maki, pulling the Playful Cloud out of her hand as he made his way to the cursed spirit.

I watched as Toji landed some impressive hits against the creatures sprouting from the ocean domain. He was flying through them, not making any real progress on the special grade spirit, but helping nonetheless.

"We need to buy more time," Nanami said. "Megumi can you hold out a bit longer?"

"I can help the fight," Naobito added.

"No need," I stepped forward. "This is taking way too much time."

I clasped my hands in front of me, "Megumi, let go of your domain. I don't want you getting hurt."

"Y/n-sensei?" he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Oi! Just do it!"

All eyes were on me as Megumi relinquished his hold, waiting to see what I had planned.

"Wrong move, pathetic humans," the cursed spirit yelled. I ignored it completely, already zoning in on my next step.

"Domain Expansion: Black Temple."

In a matter of seconds, the beach scene around us completely faded, overcome by my more refined technique.

We now found ourselves in the midst of an ancient village, the small huts and buildings all burning with black flames. The sky was dark, storm clouds rolling through as a full moon fought to be noticed.

Behind me, a dark temple towered over us as the black flames began to envelop the structure. Now that I knew my clan history, my domain expansion made a lot more sense, and I was proud of it. This is who I was.

We were in my domain now, and I felt a swirling tide of force coursing through me. The power was unmatched. I felt invincible. And compared to my present company, I was.

"Not bad kid," Toji huffed out as he sharpened up the Playful Cloud.

Since the cursed spirit had lost its domain, it had no advantage left, and Toji took immediate action, piercing it directly with the cursed tool, ending it with one hit.

We dropped back into the subway station after I freed us from my domain.

"So he's on our side?" Nanami asked as Toji approached us.

Before I even had time to respond, Toji launched forward, grabbing Megumi and throwing him out to the steeet.

"Megumi!!" I yelled.

"Nanami, you got it from here!?" I asked in a frantic voice.

"Yes," he nodded. "Go."

I nodded and jumped down to the street, whipping my head to look around for the two Fushiguro's.

Where did they disappear to so quickly!? They were no where to be found...

I was on the verge of starting to hunt them down when a dark aura shifted in the air. It was a haunting energy, one I would never be able to forget.

There was no mistaking it. Sukuna was back.

How the hell did that happen? Why does he have the absolute worse timing?

Now I had to make a quick decision. Either follow Megumi or go find Sukuna.

I had to go to Sukuna. Everyone would be swarming after him now, Satoru included, and I had to go to where I would find him. I needed to see him alive and well. Plus, Itadori had a lower survival rate at this point than Megumi does.

Besides, after Toji's little performance, I didn't think he was out to hurt Megumi. He'd be safe. He could handle himself. I had to put my faith in that.

I had to put my faith in everyone around me.