27: December

**thanks for all ur input🥺 i am indeed going to just keep doing what i been doing. part manga/part whatever i want. hope you like itttt**

I sat on the edge of the training fields, watching as Yuuji, Megumi, and Kugisaki sparred against my darkness technique.

I used it to create dark clones for them to train against, manipulating their movements with my cursed energy—almost like my own form of shikigami.

It had been over a week since everything happened, and even though I was mostly cleared for training and missions, I was feeling a bit lethargic today.

I sat on the soft grass with my legs crossed in front of me. Toge was sitting directly behind me, braiding my hair. We had gotten so close so quickly, and I found myself spending a lot of time with him. He told me he had sisters and that I reminded him a lot of home.

It also helped that we could communicate rather easily. He didn't speak much because of his cursed technique, but since my technique allowed me to read thoughts, we were always talking about something.

I heard his words in my head and would just answer him out loud. I think he was so grateful for the company, and honestly, I was too.

I winced a bit as I watched Kugisaki get kicked in the stomach by one of my cursed shadows.

"Why don't you train her?" I heard Toge ask me.

I shook my head, "I don't think she likes me."

"Did you do something?"

I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. Toge's bluntness was always so unexpected.

"Not that I know of."

"You should try again. You could really help with her fighting style."

"Yea, you're right..." I trailed off.

"And she's crazy like you. Have you seen her fight?"

I laughed loudly this time. He made a good point. Maki and Megumi loved training with me but they were both so calculated and thoughtful. Kugisaki was intuitive and rash.

"You're not wrong," I smiled to myself.

"Oi! Why are you sitting there talking to yourself!?!" Kugisaki yelled at me as she stood up slowly, recovering from the blow she took.

Toge finished the braid, so I stood to my feet and relinquished my cursed shadows.

"Wish me luck," I mumbled.

"No."

I rolled my eyes at Toge before walking up to the first years. He really was just like a little brother.

"You going crazy or something?" Kugisaki huffed as she crossed her arms.

"Mm, not yet. I was just talking to Toge," I smiled at them.

"Is that why you've been just saying random stuff this week!?" Yuuji asked.

I nodded, "Yea, I read his thoughts and then answer him out loud. Anyway—"