39: The Truth

I slowed my pace as I finally found Sukuna, observing as he spoke with another Special Grade spirit and two young girls.

"Holding your head a little high there, aren't you Jogo?" Sukuna snarled as he sliced off the top of the cursed spirit's head.

So that thing's name is Jogo... How do they already know each other?

"And what do you two want?" Sukuna growled at the two girls who kept their heads to the floor as they bowed before him.

"P-please save Master Geto," one of them squeaked out.

They work for Geto? They're calling him master?

"My dear," Sukuna called out, slowly turning around with a smirk on his face as his eyes met mine. "Why don't you come join me?"

I kept my eyes locked to his as I walked forward. I felt a lot less afraid this time than I did the last time we met.

Sukuna's power, I could feel it as it electrified the air around us, and it was overwhelmingly evil. But for some reason, it didn't bother me. After everything I learned, what he did for my ancestors, I almost felt as though we were allies.

I wasn't naive or foolish though, so I kept my guard up. Ready to attack at any moment.

"These two," he smiled as he looked back at the girls. "They work with Geto."

"I heard."

"And how do you feel about that?" he eyed me as I stood next to him.

I walked up and crouched before them, tilting up the head of the girl with dark hair so she'd look at me, "Where is he?"

"W-where's who, miss?" she stuttered out.

"Geto. Where is he? This is his doing right?"

"P-please, he's down below. We want him killed," she begged in a whisper.

I slowly rose to my feet, "I can make that happen."

"No!" she yelled out as I began to walk away. "You can't! You're too weak! It has to be Master Sukuna!"

I froze as she spoke, angered by being called weak. Did she really think I couldn't handle this on my own?

I didn't know if it was the dark aura in the air that blinded me, or my innate violence kicking in, but I guess the reason why didn't really matter.

I whipped around and shot out my piercing darkness, slicing her head right off, watching as her friend was splattered with blood.

Sukuna let out a deep chuckle as he watched me, pleased with just how much I had changed since our last encounter.

"Who are you?" the cursed spirit asked as we all ignored the blonde girl who was trembling and quickly bringing out her phone.

I sighed before sending another dark arrow out at the girl, watching as her head split open and her body dropping to ground.

"Mm," Sukuna smirked as he picked up her phone she was getting ready to use. "Do you think her technique involved the camera? How boring."

"As if it matters," I huffed out. "I'm leaving. Enjoy your playtime, Sukuna."

He laughed loudly as I began to head for the staircase, eager to find Geto, "Oh, Y/n. Why don't you stick around for a bit? Let's hear what favor this creature has to ask of me."

"Y/n? Y/n Sato?" Jogo asked.

"That's right. You're in the presence of a goddess, so show your respect," he smashed Jogo's head back into the ground. "Now quickly, tell me what you want."

"Itadori..." Jogo mumbled out as Sukuna stepped on his head, and I froze in my tracks.

Whenever I was so close to finding Satoru, something always had to stop me.

After hearing this cursed spirit mention Yuuji's name, there's no way I could leave without knowing his plan. And since Sukuna was here, he was most definitely going to divulge all his information.

"What about him?!" I snapped, rushing back over to Sukuna's side. "What the fuck do you want with Itadori!?"

He stuttered as he spoke, "S-sukuna needs to take over his body. You can do it now, Master. You can use his friends as leverage."

I crouched down, feeling the rage pumping through every inch of my veins. "Did you just call me leverage?" I hissed.

Sukuna laughed, "Oh, Sato. It's quite alright. It's not necessary. I have my own plans. And I don't work with desperate cursed spirits."

Sukuna used his foot to slam Jogo's head in the ground one last time, before letting the cursed spirit free.

"However," he continued as I stood up again, towering over the special grade while next to Sukuna's side. "As a token of my appreciation for the fingers..."

"How about I kill all the humans in Shibuya?" he smirked as he looked at me. "All except for a select few of course."

"Deal," Jogo quickly agreed.

"Any exceptions my dear?" Sukuna asked me.

"Do what you want. Just no one touches Satoru or my first years."

Sukuna laughed, "Lucky for you I'm already quite invested in two of those students. As for Satoru..."

He trailed off while giving me a devious grin.

I felt my heart pound against my chest as he looked at me that way, "Don't make us enemies, Sukuna. I have no issue with you."

"I wouldn't dream of it," he smirked. "Jogo, on the other hand, would you care to explain what you've done?"

I clenched my fists and tried to keep my composure as Sukuna was filled with amusement and Jogo filled with horror. Did they kill Satoru?

There's no way he would be brought down by this cursed spirit. Even Geto couldn't bring down Satoru, and since Sukuna had barely switched moments ago, I had no idea what could've happened.

Nanami told me Satoru was fine. I saw Yuuji and Megumi since then too. I even met up with Nobara and countless of others. If something happened to
him, I would've know about it by now right?

Right?

"What did you do?" I asked in a hush voice, the anticipation overcoming me now.

Jogo was silent. He didn't say a word. He wouldn't even look up at me and Sukuna.

"I said you're in the presence of a goddess, you pathetic spirit!" Sukuna yelled as he slashed across Jogo's face. "The heiress of the Sato clan!! Answer her!"

He finally looked at me with his disgusting, bloodied eye. Confusion, shock, fear, and desperation all mingled together in a single expression on his face.

"Satoru's been sealed."