23: Whiplash

felt bad leaving the story on such a sad note, so here's the next chapter. if u think it's cringe idc cuz i thought it was cute af.

**back to the present time**

My mind was blurry as I drifted into consciousness, a loud smashing sound waking me up from a deep sleep.

I couldn't focus on much, but the distant yelling was pulling me in.

"Why the hell isn't she awake yet!?"

Is that Satoru's voice? I still couldn't get my eyes to open, they felt so heavy. So I just laid there, trying desperately to force my way out of this fog.

"We have no idea what kind of technique was used against her, Gojo. You should just be glad she's in a stable condition."

"It's been 4 fucking days!!! How much longer are we supposed to wait!? We're not doing anything to help!"

Who's he talking to? Are they talking about me? I finally fluttered open my eyelids, letting out a soft groan as I met the harsh, yellow light of the room.

Slowly, I got a grip on myself. I looked around to see I was in a small hospital-like room. I wracked my brain for anything that would explain what the hell was going on, but there was nothing.

I pushed myself to sit up, my body creaking and groaning as I struggled against its desire to lie still. I was hooked up to so many different machines, and I didn't like not knowing why or what happened.

I threw my legs over, letting them dangle off the side of the small bed and looked down at the many IVs in my arm.

I harshly yanked them out of me, wincing in pain as they tugged against my skin. I wiped away the small drops of blood forming before taking off a small apparatus on my finger.

As soon as I did that, one of the machines started going crazy. It took me a moment, but I realized it was monitoring my heart, and the beep was indicating to the world that I no longer had a pulse.

Suddenly, Satoru burst into the room, a look of horror on his face as he heard the jarring sound.

It was quickly replaced with disbelief as he realized I wasn't dead, just sitting there dazed and confused.

"Y/n!" he called as he ran up to me, immediately grabbing me tightly into a hug.

His forcefulness sent pain shooting through my body, and I let out a low groan.

"Ah! Sorry!" he said as he pulled apart. "Did I hurt you?!"

I just nodded my head, still unable to really speak. I watched as he sat carefully next to me on the bed, a small smile on his face as he pushed the hair out of my face gently.

"Really? You had to rip out everything?" I turned my attention towards Ieiri who was walking towards us.

I went to speak but my throat was so dry nothing came out... They must have been talking about me, because it definitely felt as though I hadn't had a drink of water in 4 days.

As if she read my mind, she handed over a glass of water, "Here."

I tried to grab it, but my arm would barely even lift. I guess I used all my energy to just sit up like this.

Satoru quickly grabbed the cup and moved it to my mouth, helping me drink. "Slowly," he encouraged as he put it to my lips.

After a few small sips, he pulled it back.

"Thanks," I huffed out in a raspy, low voice that was barely audible.

"I can't believe you're ok," he whispered.