11: Recommendations

**y'all are so nice to me so i'm dropping the next two chapters i wrote... i would release more, but i still gotta write them hahaha**

"Yuuji! Kugisaki!" I called out as I approached them, Megumi's unconscious body still in my arms.

"Fushiguro!!" they both yelled while running up to us. "Is he ok!?"

I laid him down gently on the ground, "Yea, he'll be fine. What about you two? What happened?"

I watched as Yuuji fought back the tears in his eyes, Kugisaki looking at me quite unfazed.

"We took care of it," she said blankly.

"I see."

"Y/n-sensei," Yuji whispered. "Those two, they were flesh and blood, weren't they?"

"Yes. They were two of the Death Womb Paintings, half-cursed and half-human."

Soft tears began to roll down his cheeks, "H-he cried for his brother. He understood loss. He mourned death."

"Was that your first time killing instead of exorcising?" I asked him.

"I don't see the difference," Kugisaki quickly interjected. "As sorcerers, these things happen. We have to do it. We get to have our own moral compasses."

I sighed at her words. The same ones so many people had told me before... The ones Satoru lived by.

We get to choose who lives and dies. We get to decide the greater good.

I still think it's all bullshit.

Yuji spoke up again, "I had to before Y/n-sensei, I killed three transfigured humans." He looked up at me with sad eyes, "What does that make me? Am I any better than them?"

"Of course you are! We didn't have a choice!" Kugisaki yelled. "You did what you had to. It's them or us."

"I know, and I'm relieved we're both alive, but still... because of the life I took, tears were shed. That's all."

Kugisaki smirked, "Well, I guess that makes us accomplices."

I sighed with a heavy heart, "Alright you two, we need to get moving." I walked back over to Megumi's body.

"Wait. Y/n-sensei. What do you think?" Yuuji asked again.

"I doesn't matter what I think," I shook my head.

"She's a special grade, so of course she's fine with it," Kugisaki huffed out. "You only get that strong one way and for one reason."

"And what reason is that?" Yuuji asked curiously.

"So you can easily kill or exorcise anything that comes your way. Special Grades are rare not only because of their powers but because they're the ones who don't truly fit into jujutsu society and standards."

"I'm sure you think you know what you're talking about, Kugisaki, but you're wrong."

I wasn't going to interfere, but I couldn't let them think that's the only reason for strength, even though I'm sure Satoru was the one who told them that.

"I became powerful so I would never have to kill or hurt anyone again. Now let's go."

"Y/n—" Yuuji looked at me with wide eyes, but I cut him off.