37: sun & moon

**Satoru POV: October 31st 10:04pm**

I walked down the small cobblestone path leading to the front door. She painted it red. It was for good luck, and she said it made the white, modern exterior seem more approachable.

We never did have the same style, but I got used to it. I liked a clean, sleek look while Y/n loved when spaces felt like home. Everything she touched became colorful and filled with life.

The house was surrounded by plush grass and ancient trees that held a steady bloom in the warmer months. She was right, I actually did love being out in the countryside. It was nice to get away.

Inside the home, the sweet scent of freshly baked treats drifted in the room as the evening sun shined through the windows. I smiled at the sight of the tv still on and toys left aimlessly around the floor.

I walked over to the small coffee table where a plate of cookies had been left and helped myself. She complained she could never get the kids to sleep, but still, she could never tell them no when they wanted dessert.

I made my way to the kitchen, laughing as I got there. It was even messier than the living room. The counters covered in chocolate chips and flour, cookware and dishes scattered about.

Looks like she let them help with the baking.

Like I said, everything she touched ended up filled with life, and she was too busy living to be worried about a mess.

Out in the backyard I heard the sounds of playful yelling and loud laughter. The sight took my breath away as I watched her blowing bubbles, the two little ones running around trying to catch them.

"Dad!!" they screamed as they finally saw me standing there and ran over.

"Hey kiddos," I smiled as I crouched down and gave them both a huge hug. My heart fluttered when she turned and smiled at me. Her eyes glistened and her nose was dusted pink from the cool evening breeze.

I let go of their embrace as she walked over and immediately threw my arms around her, lifting her up and spinning her around once before setting her down again.

"Hello my love," I huffed before laying a gentle kiss on her lips.

"I missed you," she smiled back.

"Mm, I missed you too," I kept my head in the crook of her neck as I held her tighter.

"If I knew you were coming back today, I would've at least pretended like I keep the house clean," she laughed. "I thought you weren't home until tomorrow."

"I thought I'd surprise you," I said as I kissed her forehead. I crouched down in front of her, rubbing her stomach gently, "And how's our little one?"

"Being a brat. Just like his father," she teased as she watched me kiss and cuddle her belly. She was adorable when she was pregnant. She hated it, but I loved it.

Even though we planned for our first kid, we were thrown into a whirlwind of shock when we found out we were having twins. And now, our third, he was a complete surprise.