8: Baseballll

**the reads for this story have sky rocketed and i'm guessing it's cuz Gojo looked like a whole gd meal in the last jjk episode 🥵 hahah hope you are all enjoying the storyyy**

"Baseball!?" I whined. "No fair!! Why do we finally do something fun the moment I'm no longer a student!?"

Satoru laughed, "You suck at sports anyway!"

"Not true!!"

"Remember when we went ice skating? You literally couldn't leave the wall without falling."

I huffed as I crossed my arms, "People aren't made to be on ice! That's different!"

"Y/n, you should still play with us anyway!" Yuji yelled.

"Really!?" my eyes sparkled.

"No!" Yaga commanded. "This is not a game. This is the Kyoto Exchange Event! Y/n, you're a teacher now, start acting like it!"

"Are you kidding me!? What about Gojo! He's the childish one!"

"Hey!! Why are you bringing me into this!?" he whined out.

Yaga sighed loudly, rubbing his temples, "I can't believe we're actually letting you two work together."

"She's literally the girl version of Gojo-sensei," Kugisaki mumbled with wide eyes as she watched us continue to bicker.

"Come on Gojo! I'll take you on right here!" I yelled at him, getting into an attack stance.

He smirked, "You threaten to kill one person and you think you're tough now?"

"You're both children," Maki huffed.

"Maki!! You're ok!" I ran up and gave her a hug. "You are just as incredible as ever!"

"Can we just get this over with?" Noritoshi sighed.

"Let's do it! First batter, you're up!!" Satoru announced as he took his place as umpire.

I stood on the sidelines and watched my friends enjoy their game. They were all taking it seriously but were still just having fun too. It was the perfect break that they all deserve.

As each of the Kyoto students stepped up to the plate, I couldn't help but enter Yuuji's mind so I could overhear his conversations. I wanted to know what the other students now thought of him since he had backed them up in battle and truly helped take down a special grade curse.

As Sakuna's vessel he was going to need all the friends and allies he could get, especially with the amount of trials that were sure to come his way.

"Itadori, why did you want to become a jujutsu sorcer?" Noritoshi asked.

"I'm a loner, Kamo. I want to help a lot of people, so that when I die, I'll be surrounded by a lot of people," Yuuji answered honestly.

My heart broke as he spoke those words. I knew how alone he felt since his grandfather died and then when Junpei was killed. He hasn't told me any of that, I had only seen it all when I connected with him, so I doubt he even knew that I knew.