12: CUTE FLUFFY SHIT

Satoru and I walked into a small cafe, and I let out a loud groan as I saw Megumi and Kugisaki sitting with some random girl.

"Why are they always around?" I huffed as I rolled my eyes.

I was starting to love those stupid little first-years, but damn, sometimes you just need some space.

"Yoo-Hoo! Hello!!!" Satoru squealed as he waved at the two students in the booth.

"Did you two follow us here or something?" Megumi huffed as we walked up, Satoru dragging me by the hand.

"You're joking right? Why would I want to see you guys on my day off?" I snatched my hand away from Satoru and crossed my arms.

"Ignore her. She gets mean and angry when she's hungry," Satoru teased. "Who's your friend?! Aren't you going to introduced your favorite sensei!?"

"You're right," Megumi started again. "Y/n-sensei, this is Yuko."

I laughed loudly, "See! I knew I was their favorite!"

"What the hell!? I meant me!!!" Satoru complained.

"I hate you both," Kugisaki huffed. "But Y/n, I guess you're a girl. Kinda. Maybe you can help."

It was Satoru's turn to laugh.

I threw my hands down on the table, causing Yuko to jump a bit, "What the hell is that supposed to mean!?"

"It means that Yuko here is an old classmate of Itadori's," Kugisaki explained. "From middle school."

"And she likes Itadori," Megumi finished her thought.

"Aww really!?" I squealed as I sat myself next to Yuko at their booth. "Cute! Tell me more!" I rested my head in my hands.

Kugisaki spoke up, "Well, we're trying to remember Itadori's type and figure out is he has a girlfriend."

Satoru pulled up a chair to the edge of the table and sat down, clearly amused by the conversation as well.

"He did say Y/n was beautiful," Satoru smirked.

Yuko's eyes got a little sad, "You are very beautiful, miss. If you're his type, I don't think I have a chance."

"Hey, don't say that!! You're a beautiful young woman, Yuko! And besides, just because someone is good-looking, doesn't automatically mean they're your type."

"Do you actually think Itadori's that thoughtful?" Megumi huffed.

"It's true," Satoru shrugged. "Him and Todo have the same type after all. It's pretty shallow."

"Mm, I think that's different," I sat back against the booth. "I think that's just looks. When you like someone, there's always more to it than that."

"S-so," the young girl looked up at me. "D-do you think Itadori has a girlfriend?"

I shrugged, "I doubt it. Satoru?"

"There's no way. He would've bragged about it by now," Satoru smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "Ok, ignore him now. The only thing that man is worse at than teaching is relationships, so don't listen to a word he says."

"Hey!! My girlfriend shouldn't be telling people that! You should say I'm amazing at relationships!" he cried out.

"Girlfriend?" Megumi asked while him and Kugisaki tried to hold back their laughter.

"Oh my god, Satoru, this is not about us right now."

What I really wanted to say was... First of all, not your girlfriend. Second of all, both of us suck a relationships so it was the truth. But we tried our best, and that counts for something.

Since we're in front of students, I guess I'll let it go.

"Can I ask you another question?" Yuko looked at me.

"Yea, of course."

"You said there's more to it than just looks... So, uh, what does it mean to like someone? Or to be in a relationship?"

I took a deep breath, "That's a good question, Yuko."

"You mind if I take this one?" Satoru smiled at me.

"By all means, Gojo-sensei, teach us your ways," I teased him.

He crossed his arms and leaned back in his chair, a smug smirk taking over his face, "Well, I did land the most beautiful, passionate, caring, and kind woman I've ever met. So I must be doing something right."

I blushed as he said all of those nice things about me. It wasn't often he showed this side of himself to anyone else other than me, and I couldn't believe he was doing so in front of our students.

"I don't think anyone can deny that attraction is important. I mean, it's what makes you want to talk to someone or get to know someone in the first place. But that quickly becomes the least important thing."

"See, when you like someone, you start to truly care about them. You want to know everything about them, the good things and the less good things," he laughed softly. "Like Y/n's inability to control herself when she's hungry."

"And yet, no matter what you find out, it only makes you love them more deeply and care about them more fully. You see who they are and you appreciate them for that."

"Wow, he actually said something useful," Kugisaki scoffed.

"Oi! Don't interrupt!!" he yelled. "Now, as I was saying..."

"You decide to be in a relationship when you know there isn't a day that wouldn't be better if you just got to see them or talk to them. And you get to smile knowing that when you're thinking of them, they're thinking of you too."

"It's a really special thing where two people choose each other. You're safe and accepted, loved unconditionally, and you mutually respect one another. That's why relationships based on looks never last, because in the end, they really don't matter."

I bit my lip to keep my soft-ass self from tearing up. Hearing him talk about what relationships mean to him, what our relationship meant to him...

Well, I was falling more in love with him with every word he spoke.

Damn, now I really wanted to pick up where we left off before the mission.

I felt our two students staring at us with wide eyes, but I didn't care. We were having a moment, and I was so entranced by him.

How do you not fall in love with someone like him? How was I so lucky to be the person he chose?

Yuko broke the silence, "You sound like Itadori. In middle school, he said he liked me because of my elegance. He saw something in me I never even saw in myself... He's really special."

I looked over at her, "He is a special kid. And if he said that, I know he meant every word. You should tell him how you feel. Let him know what it is you see in him that makes him so special."

"Well," Satoru popped up. "Good luck with that! Y/n and I just came to grab some food since we have a very busy afternoon. It was nice meeting you Yuko!"

I smiled at them all, "Good luck! Have fun!"

Satoru held my hand as we went and ordered food. We ran into Yuuji on our way out.

"Gojo-sensei! Y/n-sensei!" he smiled as he waved.

"Hi Yuuji!" I tried to stop to talk to him but Satoru kept pulling me along.

"Bye Yuuji!" Satoru smiled.

"Hey, why are you in such a rush!?" I laughed as he dragged me.

He kissed my head as he put his arm around my shoulder, "I'm ready to give you what you want."

"Hmm?" I asked as I looked up at him. "What're you talking about?"

He leaned towards me and whispered, "Don't make me beg in public, Y/n. Save that for when we get back to my room."