♡ SEVENTY - NINE ♡

[Harry’s POV ] 

Saturday

“Do you have any 5’s?” My mom asks from across the table, sipping her coffee slowly. 

I smile and shake my head. “Go fish.” She sets the cup down with a sigh and goes to draw more cards. My phone rings, Louis is the person calling. I hold a finger to my mom and answer it. 

“Hi Lo-”

 “Harry!’ He shouts through the phone. “Can you come over? >Like, right now? It’s kinda an emergency.” He sounds frantic, I hop off the couch and hunt for my keys in the side table. My mom gives me a confused look. I make the motion of dangling keys and she points to the bottom drawer. 

“I'm coming, hold on.” I try to comfort him, my mind races faster than the rest of my body. I get my keys and fly out the door. I drive the short 10 minutes. Trying to remain calm. This isn’t my forte, but it’s going fairly well. When I arrive on his front steps I ring the doorbell repetitively. He answers, his hair is messy, in a pair of nice black pants and an old t-shirt. “Louis what is-”

“Come inside.” He drags me in and closes the door quickly. 

“Louis please expla-”

“I have a date in an hour and I need help getting ready.” He interrupts me quickly, I just nod slowly as my world comes to a screeching halt. Louis continues talking and then drags me to his room, but it’s like we are moving in slow motion. And everything he says sounds like we are 6ft underwater. 

He’s going on a date 

And not with me  

I feel like crying, but that would be idiotically obvious. So I just bite down on the inside of my lip as hard as I can. I sit down on his bed awkwardly. As he dives into his closet. 

“So..” I clear my throat. “This date of yours….what are they like?”

“Oh, you’d love them, Harry.” His voice muffled from within. He leans out of the closet holding a   flowy white button-up and a blue one “Which one?” I point to the white one and he nods. “They are sweet and goofy and…” He glances over at me. “Incredibly sexy.” He smiles to himself and then sets the shirt down on the bed.  He grabs the hem of his t-shirt and pulls it over his head. I gasp and close my eyes, looking away. “What? Don’t like what you see?” He teases. 

No no, I do like it, that’s the problem. 

“The shirt is on Harry, you can look.” He looks down and buttons it up. “I think a tie is way too formal.” He mutters to himself. “It is outside after all.”

“Where are you going?” I ask quietly. 

“Well, now I can’t tell you that! What if you come and spy on  us?” He grabs hairspray off the dresser and starts coating his hair in it. Running his fingers through it so it stands up as a little poof.

“Oh yeah, I guess you're right,” I mumble, he turns towards me with a huge smile. And then motions over his body in an expecting manner. “How do I look?”

“Good,” I say with a fake smile, he gazes at his row of colognes. 

“Which one should I wear?” I glance over and point to my favorite one, the one that all the clothes he gave me smell like. “Good choice.” He picks it up and starts spritzing it all over himself. He opens a drawer and holds out a handle full of chapsticks. “Okay, which one of these?”

I glance at my options and pick the strawberry one. He nods and opens it up, putting it on his lips. 

“Is that really an important step?” I question.