♡ SEVENTY - ONE ♡

Underneath the tree - Kelly Clarkson 

All I want is you - Mariah Carey 

••••••

[ Harry’s POV ] 

WEDNESDAY 

"Here," I say, quickly shoving something into Louis's hand before I go into my house after school.

"What is this?" He unfolds his hand and holds up what I gave him.

A shiny gold key.

"It's a key to my house," I say quickly, turning to get out of the car. 

"Harry are you sure-" He grabs my arm.

"Yes, I'm sure. I trust you to not break into my house and kill me in my sleep. I want you to have my house key so you can come over whenever you want." I interrupt quickly. I’m afraid if this takes too long my brain will change my mind for me. No matter what I want. He nods and pulls me over to hug me. Shoving my face in his shoulder. 

"Thank you." He says. 

"Your welcome," I say back.

•••

[ Louis’s POV ] 

SATURDAY

I unlock Harry's door and walk in. It feels weird to do that, it feels like we live together (not that I would be opposed or anything). I knocked a few times before I came in but he never answered. 

"Harry?" I walk into the house. The living room and kitchen are empty. But a light is shining from upstairs and there is faint music. I walk up the stairs quietly and look down the hallway. Where I am met with blasting Christmas music. 

Harry is dancing to the music while decorating a Christmas tree at the end of the hallway. 

Dancing horribly

Which makes it so much better.

“You're all that I need underneath the tree.” He starts singing while hooking an ornament. I stand there with a smile on my face. He continues to dance while the song slows down and comes to a close. I watch him shimmy and bounce around.

When it stops I clear my throat. He whips around and his smile falls. 

“Oh no.” He whines, quickly turning off the next song. “How long have you been standing there?” 

“Long enough,” I say with a chuckle. He groans and buries his face in his hands. I walk over and set my backpack on the ground. Hugging him. “Don’t worry darling, it was extremely cute.” I twist his curls around my finger. “Want help decorating?”

“Yes please.” He pulls away and clicks the music back on. ‘All I want for Christmas is you' by Mariah Carey is playing. Harry hands me a box of round ornaments and I start putting them on the tree. 

I just want you for my own. 
More than you will ever know. 

I watch Harry hum and hang ornaments. 

Make my wish come true. 
All I want for Christmas is you, baby. 

I look over but Harry doesn't see me. I watch the glow of the lights, light up his face. And the way his nose scrunches when he gets annoyed with an ornament and has to hang it up again. I smile to myself and look back at the tree. We decorate it until all the ornaments are gone. Then we back up and admire it.