♡ EIGHTEEN ♡

[ Harry's POV ]

"I had a really fun time tonight," Louis says. We are standing at his front door. I drove him home because I'm chivalrous like that. Wait, chivalry is for dates isn't it? This isn't a date. Is it? No, no this is Louis' birthday gift. That would technically be me taking myself on a date. Which would be weird.

"Me too," I say with a smile. I look up and make eye contact with him. His eyes tonight are a bright blue color. Like the color of a tropical ocean. I could get lost in his eyes for the rest of my life. He clears his throat awkwardly and rubs the back of his neck.

"Well, I should probably-"

"Oh, yeah-" I accidentally interrupted.

"-Go inside"

"-I'm gonna get going," I say at the same time. Again.

(A/N: that was supposed to be like those scenes in movies where they keep interrupting each other.)

"Bye Louis," I say, but shake my head.

"Bye Louis," I repeat again. But it still doesn't feel right.

"Bye Louis." This time I pronounce the "B" and "L". It finally feels right and I can go get in my car. As I drive off I roll down the windows and wave goodbye.

•••

I get home and run up to my room. Once I'm inside I close the door and take a deep breath. I lean my back against the door and slide down it so I'm sitting on the floor. This was one of the best nights of my life.

He's just so perfect.

•••

[ Louis's POV ]

"I had a really fun time tonight," I tell him. We are standing at my front door. He was so kind as to drive me home. Very chivalrous Wait, chivalry is for dates isn't it? This isn't a date. Is it? No, no this is my birthday gift.

"Me too," He says with a smile. He looks up and makes eye contact with me. His eyes are still a deep green color. It reminds me of a time my family went on a zipline trip and went over the rainforest. I remember wishing I could see that view every day. And now I can, every time I look into his eyes. The eyes I could get lost in for the rest of my life. I realize I've probably been staring too long and clear my throat. Rubbing my neck awkwardly.

"Well, I should probably-" I start.

"Oh, yeah-" He accidentally interrupts.

"-Go inside" I finish.

"-I'm gonna get going." He says at the same time again.

"Bye Louis." I expect him to walk off but he just shakes his head.

"Bye Louis." He says again, clearly getting frustrated with himself.

"Bye Louis." It must have felt right at that time because he goes and gets in his car. Rolling down the window and waving as he drives away.

When he is out of sight I go inside and run up to my room. Once I'm inside I close the door and take a deep breath. I lean my back against the door and slide down it so I'm sitting on the floor. This was one of the best nights of my life.

He's just so perfect.

••••••

There was just a short little filler/transition chapter for you. I gave you a double update because I'm nice like that. And I don't know if I'm gonna update tomorrow.

The parallels. Just S O U L M A T E stuff

Love you

-T xxxx