Chapter 66

"Your writing down who has who's Kubs Pad (Y/N)?" Ryoma asked as Kokichi picked the lock to Shuichi's dorm. 

"Yep. Might be useful so. So far Korekiyo had Gonta's and Gonta had Angie's. Ryoma had mine and... I have Maki's." You hadn't told either of them about Maki's real talent yet- Kokichi was insisting on watching all the videos right after you collected them all. 

You heard a click come from the door and glanced over at Kokichi who had finally opened Shuichi's door. "Well let's see whose video our dear detective has?" Kokichi went right in and in a few minutes came right out with the motive video in hand. 

"Well well. Turns out our detective is a better liar than we might've anticipated." Kokichi waved the motive video around a bit. "Shuichi had his own video." 

You gasped very quietly. That hadn't happened at all. You knew that having your own video did... slightly increase the chances of being a murderer but it's Shuichi. 

"Hm. So it is possible to get your own and not someone else's." Ryoma shook his head a bit. "Sure wish I got my own." 

"But then you wouldn't be working with me~" 

"And that would be a good thing." 

You laughed quietly at Ryoma and Kokichi's bantering. They're.. an interesting duo that's for sure. 

The three of you went to the girl's side to get to the dorms on the second floor. Miu still had Himiko's this time- which worried you, however... Himiko ended up having Korekiyo's. You felt both relieved and yet more nervous. That means if Kirumi doesn't have her own video... it's likely that the next case won't even be the one with Miu and Himiko. 

....Of course, as fate would have it. The next dorm was Kirumi's. And she ended up having Kaito's video. Fantastic. 

"You good (Y/N)?" Ryoma questioned quietly as Kokichi entered Tenko's dorm. 

"Yep. Just fine. A little tired I think." It was nearing nighttime. This was a viable excuse. 

Ryoma nodded a bit, "It is getting near nighttime. Those guys in Gonta's Lab are probably exhausted by now."

"Tenko had mine~," Kokichi said as he left the room. "I already watched it." He handed the video to Ryoma. We both have been holding the motive videos that Kokichi's been stealing. 

Ryoma rolled his eyes, "What happened to waiting to watch all of them?" 

Kokichi just shrugged sheepishly. "Too late to worry about those details anyway." 

Kokichi went over to his dorm next and just opened it quickly and grabbed his video and handed it to me. "Here. It's Rantaro's. I had his video but it's nothing interesting. It censors his talent." 

Rantaro's dorm was next, Kokichi picked the lock- and entered in, as you tried maneuvering the stack of videos in your hands so you could write down Rantaro's name on your list. Rantaro wasn't in his dorm room this time around, however...

"...You guys do know that breaking into other people's rooms is kinda a crime right?" Rantaro's voice sounded from right behind you. He had a couple of books in his hands. "(Y/N) when you said you were going to take a walk around I wasn't expecting it to be in everyone's dorm rooms."

"To be fair. (Y/N) was sort of blackmailed into helping us so I wouldn't blame 'em." Ryoma countered immediately turning around. "But. You're right. I'll apologize to the others later, but I have to see my video." 

"Oh. That's what this is about." Rantaro shrugged. "Well, I wasn't completely against sharing them anyway. Have you guys seen mine yet? I had Miu's."