Chapter 3

Tagging along with the two characters you once "played" as-was an interesting experience. It was almost as if you were playing the game-just different. To be honest, there wasn't much conversation happening between the three of you, they were too preoccupied with looking for clues, and you were doing your best to pretend like you were. 

After walking away from what would soon be known as Kaede's Ultimate Lab, you found yourself looking directly at the mastermind. 

You watched from a close distance, as Kaede and Shuichi tried relentlessly to get Tsumugi's attention. You laughed when you saw Kaede grab Shuichi's hand, trying to get him to poke her. 

"I never thought I'd be poked from both sides." Said Tsumugi suddenly. 

"Ah!" Shuichi shouted, hearing his shout final set you off, and you burst out laughing. 

"W-why are you laughing!?" Shuichi said looking at me with his face slightly red. 

"I'm laughing cause you actually believed she was a mannequin! That's hilarious! And you call yourself the Ultimate Detective, you can see her breathing!" You kept laughing, "No offense though Shuichi, your reaction was just too funny." 

Suddenly Kaede started laughing too, "Yeah you should've seen the look on your face!" 

Shuichi turned to her with a betrayed look, "If you knew she was a mannequin then why did you make me poke her?" 

"Because she wasn't responding." 

And...we're back on the game script again... I wonder how much I can change the game? It's probably limitless seeing that I can do these small changes but... who knows? I suppose I'll test the limits eventually. 

"I'm Tsumugi Shirogane. The Ultimate Cosplayer." You snapped away from my hypothetical thoughts when Tsumugi introduced herself. You then listened to Kaede compliment her curves. Was Kaede always this weird? Somehow I don't remember... oh well! 

You kinda tuned out when Tsumugi started talking about cosplaying and the bronze statue. You just wanted to get things over with so you could figure out what was going on-not to mention you did hear these same lines multiple times over again-some parts are bound to get boring. 

"Yeah so let's try to find a way out!" Kaede says energetically-cutting through your thoughts. She and Shuichi waved goodbye to Tsumugi and started to walk away.

 You started to follow them until Tsumugi called out to you, "Hey! You never introduced yourself!" 

Darn, I was hoping she'd miss that, I wanted to see if she ever called me by my name without telling her it but oh well. 

"I'm (Y/F/N), (Y/L/N) and I have an ultimate talent, but I don't remember what it is. Now, I'd love to stay and chat, but I should catch up with Kaede and Shuichi! Bye!" You shout with a wave back, trying not to seem suspicious. 

You walk away, hearing some sort of farewell from Tsumugi, you finally catch up with the protagonists and you see Rantaro coming into sight.

Ah...Rantaro. You were always such a cool guy. Second only to Mr.Supreme Leader himself. Oh well, still one of my favorite characters! Let's go talk! 

"Hey there, you guys get kidnapped too?" Rantaro said as he came closer. "Well, you guys look alright, the situation could be better though." 

"Yeah totally." Kaede mutters-sorta sorrowfully. 

"Hey let me ask you guys something...Do you guys remember how you got here?" Rantaro asks. 

"No, we don't, I guess this means you don't remember either?" You responded.