Chapter 48

I rushed home immediately, I had made up some hasty lie about how I must've dreamed that there was a third game. I pulled out my computer and immediately started looking for any trace of V3.

It was fruitless, there was no wiki page, no YouTube videos, nothing. Even the playthrough I was watching before I entered the V3 world had disappeared. 

Okay, maybe they're going to make the game in the future, it just hasn't happened yet. 

So I searched up about the franchise's future plans. As I was scrolling, one particular article sparked my interest. 

Will we ever see another Main-story Danganronpa game? 

Unfortunately, it is unlikely. Two years prior there was a private beta-test to test a new Danganronpa game, but the game was never released to public. One of the beta testers reported to us that there was a bug in the game, which caused it to crash. Seeing as it's now been two years, and Kazutaka Kodaka has long left the Spike Chunsoft Game company to start his own, it is unlikely we will see this game being released to the public. 

It also reasons to make sense as why Spike Chunsoft would chose now to release the two Danganronpa games onto smartphones... perhaps a last minute attempt to make as much as money off of the franchise as possible? 

You stopped reading. You already knew that you had to find out as much as you could about the beta-test as possible. V3 also had a beta test before, but it was kept mainly under-wraps as to not spoil the beginning twist.  

Unfortunately, you were two years too late. There was little, if any, information to be found. The only information that you could find was that the bug occurred after the third chapter, and that the Developing Team couldn't figure out what was wrong. 

Wait.. Third chapter? That would've been the final chapter I completed before... no. It's a coincidence... right? 

For the sake of your own sanity, you really hoped it was a coincidence. You closed your eyes and put your face into your hands. You didn't want to be responsible.

"Do you really think it was a coincidence?" You heard a voice eerily similar to your own say. "I know you better than that. I mean, I am you." 

You opened your eyes, only to notice you were surrounded by the familiar darkness. Except, not disastrous options were presented to you. Instead, you thought you were looking into a mirror. This doppelganger of your however, was wearing your Danganronpa outfit. You didn't think you'd see those clothes ever again, and yet right infront of you... an image of yourself  from those games had appeared. 

"What the- who are you? Why do you have those clothes. What are we doing here? I didn't even fall asleep!" You shouted. 

"I thought I already answered who I am. I'm you. Or well... the spirits of the dead versions of you I guess." The figure let out a sigh, "Basically, the versions of you that died in the game, well all of them combined make up me. I have these clothes because that was when I died? And we're here because I asked if you really think them not existing is a coincidence." 

You paused, simply trying to take in all this information. "I... no. It can't be a coincidence. I just don't understand why. Why would me not continuing to play the game... erase it?" 

"Surely you've head of parallel and alternate universes? Well, failing to comply with what one of the universes had planned then threw all of that universe's parallel universes out of balance, which then proceeded to basically erase their existence in your original universe."