Chapter 2

*Y/F/N = Your First Name

*Y/L/N = Your Last Name

You woke up with a start, opening your eyes to-yet again another veil of darkness around you. Once again you push the metal door that was in front of you, The sudden flood of light stuns you momentarily causing you to trip like before. 

You once again look up to see the same scenery that should only be in a game. 

Oww.....Deja Vu. Wait. Your thoughts came to a sudden realization. 

I...remember everything! I got sucked into Danganronpa v3... I met everyone without their talents, I even had that horrifying experience of having all my clothes changed at once... which still kind of freaks me out to be fairly honest. 

"Rise and Shine, Ursine!" An all too familiar cry rang out. 

"Ah!" You shouted, being slightly startled, after all they did just come out of nowhere. 

"We are the Monokubs!" Monotaro introduced the group. 

"Monokubs...?" You said, I still don't know how I ended up here, and why these exist and what the hell is going on! 

"Oh! You've heard of us?" Monophanie asked

Crap, I need to pretend I don't know anything, I cant risk them using another flashback light and it actually working. You think quickly.

"N-no of course not! I've never seen talking stuffed animals in my life!" You shout, trying to mimic Kaede's lines from the original game. Good thing I watched the playthrough a couple times. 

With this line, the Monokubs all exchanged excited glances.

"Yayyyy! It worked!" Monotaro shouted

"Phew! Had me worried there for a second!" Monokid added with a sigh of relief. 

You inwardly scoffed, Fools. 

"What-what's going on?" You asked. I guess I have to prompt the game myself...honestly what would happen if I broke the fourth wall? I'll try it out later, I don't want to take any unnecessary risks at the moment.  

"Alright now, let's tackle one issue at a time!" Monotaro shouts

Oh great, I'm going to have to ask a bunch of questions I know the answer to. This'll be fun. You were becoming mildly annoyed at game dialogue. 

You eventually ask all the "right" questions, and "find out" that you are stuck in a place called the Ultimate Academy for Gifted Juveniles. You find out that the school was made for the seventeen of you. This was the most interesting part, the game had somehow changed the number of students playing from 16 to 17, obviously to accommodate you, but you wondered how this would change the game. 

Luckily, you manage to get the game dialogue to skip over the explanation about what "Ultimates" are, claiming that you are one. 

Then they tell you to start exploring the academy, and thus, they disappear. You decide to stay in the room for just a bit longer so you can sort out your "plan of action".

Well...I think I have a talent. I mean, the flashback light they used on me earlier had to have some effect right? What if...what if I don't though? That would make me so suspicious. Should I make up one? 

As you contemplated your course action. You decided that for now you should probably play it safe, you were going to say you had a ultimate talent, but that you don't remember it. 

After all, maybe the game gave me a talent and I actually don't remember it, I guess we'll find out when my Ultimate Lab comes out though. 

After finally deciding your backstory, you step out of the room. Luckily for you, you find the two main protagonists first. Kaede and Shuichi. 

"Hey! Were you guys kidnapped too?" You called out to them. 

The two of them walk towards you, "Yeah we were" Shuichi says first.

"Yeah... same here." You state. A brief second of silence passed by.

"Did...you guys see anyone else here? I heard there were si-seventeen of us here but so far you guys are the first two I've seen." You mentally facepalm yourself at your slip-up. 

"No, you're the first person we've met. I think the others are around this place though." Kaede answered. 

"Oh...well nice to meet you! I'm (Y/F/N, Y/L/N)!" You purposely leave out the information about your "Ultimate Talent" knowing that they will ask you about it. 

"Oh! Well I'm Kaede Akamatsu, the Ultimate Pianist! And this is Shuichi Saihara!" Kaede said enthusiastically

"Nice to meet you. I'm the Ultimate Detective." Shuichi adds on. 

"That's super cool!" You say in response.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is your ultimate talent? Supposedly everyone here is supposed to have one." Shuichi, ever so vigilant, asks you. 

"Ah... well to be honest..." You start off, trying to feign hesitation. "I don't know how, but I don't remember my ultimate talent. Like, I feel-no I know I have one but I can't remember what it is." Alright, so maybe I don't know for certain that I have a talent, but I can deal with that when-no-if my talent is revealed-or not revealed, which ever happens first. 

"What...is that true?" Kaede asks. 

"Ha... I don't blame you for not believing me, I'm not a bad person though." You try to say confidently

"You're pretty calm for someone who can't remember their own talent." Shuichi points out

Huh, I didn't think he said that to Rantaro when Rantaro said he didn't know his own talent, maybe my presence has more of an impact then I thought...

"I guess, I was kinda freaking out for the past 15 minutes in that room, that's why I didn't go out to explore yet, I needed to collect my thoughts." You purposely stated a line that wasn't similar to any one else's dialogue at any point of the game, you wanted to see what would happen if you did. 

Kaede nodded in understanding, "That makes sense."

Woah! No glitches, no "game over" no nothing? Maybe I really can be a new character here!

"Anyway we're going to see if we can find a way out. We'll see you later!" Kaede and Shuichi start to walk away. 

"Wait!" You called out, "Can...can I tag along? I really don't want to explore this school by myself." You asked, truthfully you weren't scared, you just figured it would save you a lot of talking if you went through the "normal route" with Kaede as the protagonist. 

"Sure! Lets go!" You then join your two main characters-beginning what would seem to be an endless journey. 

Once again, not much happened. Are you guys interested to see how knowing certain things can change the game though? I can't wait to get past the tutorial stuff, it'll pick up so much more after that! Anyway, for now I'll be signing out! Till later!