Chapter 46

I followed the guys inside to Keebo's lab, where I noticed that they all definitely had their guard up against me.

Guess I shouldn't have skipped the meeting after all... I'll ask Rantaro about it later.

Not much happened in Keebo's lab, other than Keebo's own insistence that this wasn't his lab. You walked closer to the super computer and let out a sigh, if Miu was here you'd be able to go to the virtual world. Although, based on the events of the fourth trial... you weren't sure if you were particularly upset about that. Although, Kokichi and Gonta had been close lately. A part of you was worried for them, but you were also too focused on your own survival.

"Well if that's all there is in this, should we go to the gym to share what we found?" Shuichi asked.

You simply nodded, while everyone else voiced their agreements. You followed the group back to the gymnasium, and fell behind so you could ask Rantaro what was going on.

"Rantaro, there's something your not telling me... right?" I whispered.

Rantaro gave a side glance to the other three, as if measuring the distance between us and them, "I didn't want to tell you just yet, but..." As Rantaro trailed off he sighed, "...there are talks about you being the mastermind... or at the very least a mole."

You were stunned, "What? Why?"

"Because of what you pulled with Angie's vote. She didn't look like she was lying at the end, and if we didn't make the votes tied perhaps Monokuma wouldn't have killed her." Rantaro said, "I mean, I still think that her denying it at the very end was just her last ditch attempt to escape alive... but some of the others disagree."

You closed your eyes in annoyance, "So you're telling me, that because Angie didn't exactly admit to her crimes, everyone else thinks Monokuma lied about her being the culprit. And because I was the one who proposed the idea of making the votes tie... everyone now thinks I set Angie up to be killed." You cursed, You were fuming. Your attempt at making sure everyone stayed alive ends up turning me into a suspect!

Rantaro nodded glumly, and you let out a sigh, trying to calm yourself down. "And I suppose the situation that happened with Maki doesn't help me either...Oh well, I'll just have to prove it to them... one way or another... Now is there anything else from the meeting you were hiding from me?"

"I wasn't trying to hide it, I was going to tell you afte-" The gymnasium came into view, cutting Rantaro's protest off. You followed inside, and practically everyone else was already waiting for your group.

"Oh look! Our newest murderer finally showed up to a group meeting!" Kokichi shouted upon seeing you.

You opened your mouth to say something, but Rantaro spoke up instead, "Not now Kokichi, we have something to do first."

You heard Kokichi pout, but he did shut up. You continued sulking though. You weren't sure exactly when your friendship with Kokichi deteriorated this much, or if he was just always like that. You partially listened as everyone explained what they found, like Tsumugi's Lab (Which Kokichi had unlocked) and Shuichi's as well.

Soon enough the meeting was over, and you all went on your own ways. Or well most of you did. During the meeting you had been contemplating whether or not you should go talk to Kokichi, and you finally made up your mind. You were going to figure out what exactly went wrong, and well... fix it. 

So you walked up to Kokichi, and attempted to talk to him. He was just exiting the gym, so he was by himself right now. "Hey Kokichi can we talk?" 

"WAHHH Are you going to kill me too?" Kokichi burst... into obviously fake tears before regaining his composure like usual. "I have nothing to say to you... murderer." You flinched, not just because of the hurtful words that Kokichi said, but because Kokichi's eyes were filled with disgust and anger. You've... never seen him look like that before. Or at least, not directed towards you. You didn't even notice that Kokichi left you standing there in shock, you only snapped back to your senses once the Ultimate Supreme Leader left.