Chapter 21

"Monokid! What the... Monodam what have you done?" Monotaro questioned immediately after the trial.

"BLRBLRBLRBLRB" Monophanie puked.

"Ah gross.... oh well we could all stand to use some tension, right Dad?" Monosuke claimed.

"OMG! My sweet Monokid... claimed as collatoral damage!" Monokuma said in shock. "Oh wait. I still have four others, phew."

"We're that expendable huh?" Monophanie said

"What's done is done. No sense crying over crushed cubs. Unless you want to end up like those sad sacks over there..." Monokuma pointed at us.

No one paid any attention to what the Monokubs and Monokuma were saying. Everyone was flabbergasted at the gruesome sight they had just seen. Shuichi had collapsed on the ground much like you had earlier. Tears streamed down his face. You got up from the ground and slowly looked around. Everyone's faces were full of despair. Not one of you could believe the sight you had just seen. Not even you.

"That's overkill...this is just insane. Twisted." You heard various people comment on their disbelief of the scene you had just viewed

"Why are you making us do this?" Rantaro asked Monokuma calmness and anger laced in his voice.

"Because it's fun!"

"Fun? This is fun for you? Does human life mean nothing to you?" Kaito questioned.

"Oh no. Human life has so much value! That's why this is so much fun!" Monokuma stated.

"Kehehe...you've surpassed the level of psychotic by a wide margin..." Korekiyo commented.

"I won't forgive you for this! You got that?" Kaito shouted.

Monokuma chuckled. "Spoken like a marked man!"

"Do you hate us? If so, what did we do...." Himiko questioned mournfully.

"That's for you to find out!" Monokuma answered.

"But if Maki isn't the mastermind then who is...?" Kirumi muttered.

"Enough with the annoying questions, if I were you guys I'd focus less on whether or not there's a mastermind otherwise you'll all end up like Kaede!" Monokuma shouted angrily, as he turned to leave he added one thing, "Oh. (Y/N) after tonight you can sleep in a different room."

You nodded your head in response, not having enough energy to give an appropriate response.

The Monokuma briefly discussed the murder Monodam had committed before quickly following their father's example and leaving us to our misery. 

"I...I don't think I can take this anymore." Tsumugi said, breaking the silence. You closed your eyes, willing yourself not to give anything away. 

"Tsumugi you must not give up hope." Kirumi stated. 

"There's...there's no hope here." Himiko muttered. 

Tears streamed down Gonta's face. "Ggh... Kaede.."

Tenko stuttered, "What kind-d o-of degenerate mal-e cries in public." 

"Tenko, you're crying too." Keebo pointed out. 

"Let it go Keebo..." Rantaro said in reponse. 

Angie put her hands together. "In times like these, we need to pray to Atua for Kaede's soul to rest in peace." 

"I don't think anyone can rest in peace after being killed like that." I said outloud. 

"Yeah! You would know you bitch!" Miu shouted at me, "After all you're responsible for Maki's death too! You should've been executed too!"