Chapter 20

The elevator fell further and further down. You could feel the weight of your entire body pressing down on to the ground. It was surreal.

"(Y/N) don't forget our bet now!" Kokichi reminded you as you went to exit the elevator and enter the courtroom. You didn't bother to respond, you were too busy thinking about when you should even reveal the truth.

"Welcome to the class trial!" The Monokubs announced as we entered.

"It looks like an authentic courtroom." Keebo noted.

"What bad taste...." Ryoma muttered.

"Why are you doing this? Is this fun for you?" Kaede shouted at Monokuma. 

"Of course! Putting strangers in a life or death situation is the best entertainment!" Monokuma responded heartily

"Wow! This is so sickening that it's almost refreshing! So when do we start?" said the Supreme Leader.

"Please behind the podium with your name on it."

You looked at the podiums and made a quick count, to your surprise their were 17. Why am I being counted for this but not the dorm rooms? That doesn't make much sense...

You walked around trying to find your name, and ironically it was right next to the person you killed. You were placed to the left of Maki's portrait and to the right of Ryoma.

"Now let's get this crazy, awesome, crazy-awesome trial underway!" Monokuma announced after a brief explanation of the trial.

"So it's starting huh?" Kaede said.

"Hahaa Oh man I havent been in a trial in like forever!" Kokichi exclaimed

"Oh... so you have experience with trials?" Tsumugi asked.

"Yeah. You know as a leader of evil and stuff... I've done a lottt of bad things." You rolled your eyes at Kokichi's statement.

Kaito put his hand on his head nervously, "So what are we supposed to do? Where do we start?"

"I do not believe our process matters, after all each one of us will serve as a potential culprit, prosecutor, lawyer and jury. With that in mind let us proceed with the trial." Kirumi answered.

"Then might I offer the first topic?" Korekiyo asked.

"Don't fucking get ahead of us! You piec—" You cut Miu off.

"Korekiyo pay no heed to Miu, please ask away."

"Bitch! You dare cu—" this time it was Korekiyo who cut Miu off.

"Very Well, my question is why didn't the culprit take advantage of the First Blood Perk?" Korekiyo asked. Miu shot him a glare and opened her mouth to say something until Tsumugi spoke up instead.

"I was wondering about that too!" Tsumugi agreed.

"Hey! Stop interrupting me you bitches!" Miu cried out.

"Shut up no one wants to hear a slut like you whine all the time!" Kokichi shouted back.

Miu trembled. "S...slut??"

"Anyway. I bet they just wanted to do a class trial real bad." Ryoma answered.

"Then the culprit is Monokuma! The class trial was his idea after all!" Tenko confidently claimed.

"Wait. Can Monokuma even be the culprit?" Kaito asked.

"Of course not, I would never do anything to you guys directly." Monokuma said, putting emphasis on the word 'directly'.