Chapter 45

SLIGHT mention of depression & suicide attempts, nothing heavy but here's your warning. 

Also I'm changing the way I do line breaks because... why not. 

*************

You made your way down the stairs, somewhat hurriedly since you didn't want to be caught. Until you nearly ran into a brick wall. Upon seeing the brick wall, you put your hands against it, as if trying to feel for a way to remove it... however you found none. 

"Damnit Monokuma!" You screamed, banging your fists on the wall. You assumed that the second Tsumugi died, Monokuma blocked the secret exit.It was evident enough that the bricks came in after the secret passage was built, after all the bricks didn't match the material of the stairs, or the walls of the secret passage. Giving up, you sat down on the step just before the brick wall. 

Do we just not have a mastermind now? Or is someone else the mastermind?  You inwardly mused. Maybe Keebo? I mean, he would be the easiest to control. But... wouldn't that undermine the role of the audience surrogate? After all, the mastermind's wishes may conflict with the audience's wishes. 

You stayed there for a little longer, apart of you just wishing that the wall would disappear. The existence of the secret passage at least proves that Tsumugi was still behind Rantaro's— I mean Maki's death. Or at least, that's what you were hoping. You had no idea what endgame was going to be like if Tsumugi was dead. You let out a sigh, you had no choice but to return to your dorm. Staying here wasn't going to help you at all. Begrudgingly, you began to make your way to the dorm.  And to your surprise, Monotaro was in front of your dorm. 

"What are you doing here?" You asked. 

The Monokub jumped in fright, but then calmed down, "I was delivering the new motive! Here," Monotaro handed me an envelope. "Well I'm off!" 

'Shuichi Saihara's Deepest Darkest Secret!' Read the front. You stepped inside your dorm, and the carefully opened the envelope. 

Shuichi Saihara suffers from extreme depression and has even attempted to commit suicide on numerous occasions. 

You felt your heart wrench upon reading it, and apart of you wished that Kaede was still alive so that Shuichi would be better... and happier now. You let out a sigh, you were exhausted from not getting any sleep after the trial, and then you didn't sleep so you could sneak out to the secret passage, you found absolutely nothing in the passage... and now this? A new motive that you need to analyze because it was not in the original V3 game. You shook your head, and headed to bed, deciding you would figure it out in the morning. 

Of course, much to your sadness, morning came a lot quicker than you expected. You still felt exhausted by the time the morning announcement played. You opted to skip the morning meeting, and continue sleeping... until of course moments late a knocking was heard on your door.  

"(Y/N) You awake?" Rantaro shouted. You groggily got up and opened the door.

"I WAS sleeping. Of course until somebody came and woke me up."

Rantaro gave you a small smile, "I was just worried, Himiko didn't show up to the morning meeting and well..." He trailed off.. "Either way... you missed the meeting, and you really shouldn't have we got a new motive and new areas to explore. 

"Great. More areas." You complained, you already knew what areas were going to get revealed, Shuichi's Lab, Tsumugi's Lab and Keebo's lab. Not anything interesting, especially since we can't even access the virtual world with Miu gone. "What did Monokuma say about the new motive?" 

 "He said that in a few days, everyone's secrets would be revealed. And the only way to stop the secrets from being revealed is if someone commits a murder." 

"Did you all get other people's secrets too then?" 

Rantaro nodded, "I got Kirumi's.... but I don't think her's is anything to kill over." 

"Same, I got Shuichi's but I don't think he'd kill over it." You let out a sigh, "Now it's just the rest." 

"Kokichi proposed that we all just share our darkest secrets... but clearly no one learned from the motive video situation because all of them disagreed." 

You rolled your eyes, "Plus, when Kokichi suggests an idea, I feel like to everyone else it automatically just sounds like a bad idea. That... or there are some secrets that are really... dark." 

"Not worried about your own secret (Y/N)?"  

You tilted your head a bit, you weren't really sure what your "Darkest" secret would be. That and compiled with the fact that it was obvious that Danganronpa knew nothing about your personal life, considering your motive video had basically nothing. "Kind of, but not really cause of how my motive video was." 

"Right." Rantaro said, "Well, I'll leave you to sleep more if you'd like, you do look exhausted. I'll get you before we go over what we found. Oh and if we find a flashback light. " 

"Thanks Rantaro, it means a lot." You closed the door as he left, and you let out a sigh. Rantaro really was a nice person, even if he wasn't supposed to be alive right now. Your gaze wandered around the room that you were in, Maki's room. Was sacrificing Maki really the correct choice? 

 Of course it was! Kokichi doesn't get be killed by her, and Rantaro survives. Rantaro has been my literal best friend during this killing game. And well Kokichi...

Truth be told, you hadn't talking to Kokichi at all lately. Ever since the end of the second trial, your relationship had been...strained. Of course, you guys talked that one time, and played a poker game... but Angie had killed you soon after and you didn't have the strength to talk to Kokichi on your retrial. 

"Why should I have to be the one to talk to him first? After all he's the one who started ignoring me." Yes you were being stubborn, but you were annoyed. 

After realizing that you weren't going to be heading back to sleep anytime soon, you decided to go exploring with everyone else. And perhaps convince them to listen to Kokichi's idea. So you headed out and saw Shuichi and Kaito, along with Keebo and Rantaro opening up Keebo's lab. 

"Hey, don't mind if I join right?" You said, popping up behind the group.

"Uwah! (Y/N)! Don't just pop up out of nowhere!" Kaito shouted. He then looked away from you "And... sure." 

You knew that the way Kaito was acting was definitely suspicious. And Shuichi and Keebo looked noticeable uncomfortable too. You glanced towards Rantaro who mouthed, 'I thought you were going to rest'. 

I totally am missing something here... aren't I? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always find chapters right after trials hard to write. There's so much action in the trials and then boom. Back to semi-normalcy again. 

If everything IS normal that is. 

Anyway, after this week school will be out for me so other than studying for various other future exams, I'll be mostly free so look forward to... more updates hopefully. 

A lot of those updates are prolly gonna be focused on my other book, but this one will definitely have its fair share of frequent updates! So yeah! After this week though... ;-; 

Anyway! As always, thank you for reading! her