Chapter 57

"Ding Bong Bong Bing!" The chime sounded, "A body has been discovered!"

Shuichi's cries of anguish were the first thing to reach your ears and snap you out of your state. You stared wide-eyed as Shuichi crawled over to Kaede's body and picked her up a bit off the floor. "Kaede! Kaede! Wake up!" You could see him crying. "You can't be dead Kaede!"

There wasn't any movement. Not at all, you felt yourself shaking. You knees collapsed underneath you. No... this can't be happening. This isn't how things are supposed to go! 

Somewhere in the back of your mind you could register Kaito's shouts, and the footsteps of everyone, the collective gasps as they saw the body. But you were too light-headed. Too shocked. You felt your vision blur, and before you even realized it you fell unconscious. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your eyes fluttered open to see the ceiling of Kokichi's dorm. "Huh...?" You tilted your head slightly and saw Kirumi standing over you. "Kirumi? What are you doing here? What happene-" Right. Kaede's dead. Far earlier than she should have. 

"You passed out (Y/N). I believe it was due to the shock or stress of seeing Kaede's body, but you were only passed out for around ten minutes, we decided to take you to the room though..." 

"...Thank you Kirumi. You should go investigate with the others." You started to sit up. 

"I will tend to the others after I've seen that you've gotten some rest." Kirumi insisted handing you a cup of water. "Monokuma announced something of a "trial" of sorts, so it would be best if you got some rest." 

You shook your head slightly and moved to get up. "I should investigate. All of our lives are on the line after all.... how's Shuichi doing?" 

"Very well, rest for a moment first though. Shuichi and Kaito are currently investigating themselves right now. Shuichi appears to be shaken badly, but he's the Ultimate Detective, apparently he wants to do his job." 

You nodded in reply before leaning against the headboard, honestly you did feel tired. ...Why did Kaede die? I didn't change anything- I didn't do anything... She shouldn't have died. Not now... also why did I faint? I guess it really was the shock but.... You glanced back up at Kirumi. 

"I insist that you rest for a few moments before leaving, I will be off to investigate and help the others." Kirumi bowed before departing. 

You sighed slightly as she left and looked around the room, it was Kokichi's room after all. You moved to get off the bed, hanging your feet off the bed before placing it on the ground. "I need to investigate..." I need to find out who killed Kaede.

"You don't even know your talent, what good are you going to do compared to the Ultimate Detective?" Kokichi's voice sounded out. 

You jumped in surprise, you hadn't noticed him come in. "There's has to be something I can help with, besides what if Shuichi's the culprit?" You sighed again but leaned back a little bit on the bed. "If he's the culprit, and he leads the discussion we will be in trouble." 

"Shuichi? The emo boy? Lead anything?"  Kokichi laughed, "What a joke! I'm the only supreme leader around here ya know?" Kokichi jumped a little bit in mock-playfulness. "Besides I know he's not the culprit." 

You rolled your eyes at him, "And how would you know that?" 

"Because I am silly! I'm the culprit!" Kokichi shouted. "I stabbed Kaede with a knife to her chest, and ran off~" Kokichi pointed to a tablet device sitting on a nearby counter. "Look you can even confirm her cause of death on that thing Monokuma gave us, it's called the Monokuma file apparently." 

You quickly picked it up and started scrolling through it. "Sure you're the culprit. Why would you be telling me that you were? We have a trial to go through don't we? You're not stupid."

Kaede Akamatsu 

Time of Death: 8:54 PM

Cause of Death: A stab wound straight to the chest.

There are no additional wounds. 

"I'm telling you because I'm here to kill you now!" Kokichi shouted, he made a show of checking his pockets before whining. "Aw too bad... looks like I left my knives elsewhere. Well don't rat me out at the trial okay (Y/N)?"

You rolled your eyes, "Okay sure." You scanned the Monokuma file, Who could've done this... there seems to be no other wounds, a single stab to the heart... was there evidence of a struggle in the room? I need to go check... At that time of death though most people were in the game room.... so we should have pretty tight alibis. Shuichi, Kaito and I left the room at around 9 pm... 

"Oooh? Playing detective are we?" Kokichi asked, as if he could hear your thoughts. He moved over slightly to grab a purple drink from who knows where and started drinking it. You eyed the drink for a second before taking a sip of the glass of water that Kirumi had given you earlier. 

"Not particularly, I'm just thinking about the case." 

"That's called playing Detective (Y/N)." Kokichi snickered. "I already told you I'm the culprit!" 

You just leaned against the headboard. "You're a pretty bad liar Kokichi." 

"...You did not just say that." 

"Oh yes I just did." You rolled your eyes again before going to get up. "I'm going to go check on the scene then." Your legs did feel slightly weak still, but you were still going to go anyway. 

Or you were supposed to go. 

"Ding Dong Bing Bong!" The chime sounded, "Alright it's time for what you've all been waiting for- the class trial! Please assemble in front of the Shrine of Judgment."  Monokuma clicked off soon after and you sighed. 

"Great. Now I didn't get to look at the scene, how fantastic." You sighed again as you went to go leave. I'll have to pick things up as I'm in the trial. Much to your surprise Kokichi didn't say much to you, letting you leave silently. 

As you walked through to the shrine, to say you were lost in your thoughts would be an understatement. There were too many questions, too many possibilities... it really hurt that you weren't able to investigate the scene yourself either, but you would make up for it somehow. 

"...To the first ever class trial... in the new version of this game."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh god. I have so much to say... 

First let me start off with the most important: I AM SO SO SORRY. I seriously didn't mean to be gone this long but I was just having bad writers block on top of school... so that wasn't fun... 

I'm really sorry though, I try to maintain a schedule of at least once a week but I really failed that this time... 

....Not to mention this chapter is also kinda filler-ish, but I hope the trial chapters will make up for that. 

BUT SERIOUSLY I'M SO SO SORRY. 

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE THOUGH-

OH MY GOD. 

YOU GUYS ARE ALL AMAZING!!! 

100k READS?!?!?! SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY ;-; 

I swear I'll be trying harder to maintain a schedule from now on. I've got things planned for this. 

BUT THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! TO THOSE OF YOU WHO STUCK WITH ME FROM THE BEGINNING I REALLY THANK YOU GUYS AGAIN AHHH 

So as always though... 

THANKS FOR READING!!!!!