Chapter 41

You couldn't believe the words that had came out of Angie's mouth. A killer willingly admitting what they'd done? This makes no sense. Clearly, you weren't the only one who thought this as well... the silence in the room was deafening. 

"You...you what?" Kaito spluttered. "You! You killed Korekiyo? Why?" 

"Well you see-" Angie started, only to be cut off by Monokuma. 

"Well fine! If you all are not even going to investigate... I might as well begin the trial now!" Monokuma shouted angrily, "You have ten minutes, whether you waste it spending time listening to a possibly fake testimony or finding actual clues that's up to you!" 

"What the-" You started to argue, "Isn't this against the rules?!" 

"Upupupu..." Monokuma laughed, "I'm the headmaster! I AM THE RULES!" With that Monokuma left the rest of you dumbfounded.

"Great! Just great, ten minutes to solve a murder?" Kaito shouted exasperated, "This is going to be impossible!"

"I believe we should still investigate as much as we can." Keebo pointed out. "With the time we have left, it is our best option." 

You let out a sigh, "Yeah, alright lets get this done!" 

A few of the others voiced their agreement and left the room to go investigate. Some gave Angie dirty looks. Well... at least the people outside of the student council. 

"Hey Kirumi?" You said, as you approached the maid, "Can you do me a favor and collect alibis?"

"Ah... (Y/N), I will gladly fulfill that request. Also I saw you leaving the dorms, so I will put that down as your alibi." 

"Thanks Kirumi." You said with a short nod, you turned to Rantaro, "Where to first? I think we should leave the body to Shuichi and Kaito, as they're already doing that."  

"I think we should check out the other rooms, and try to find a murder weapon." Rantaro answered. "Oh and Kirumi, my alibi is that I was with Tenko,  Shuichi and Kaito for awhile before the murder. Shuichi might be able to tell you the exact timing... but that's my alibi." 

"Alright, I will go collect the others' alibis." Kirumi said, "Please... find the truth in this case. For both Tsumugi and Korekiyo's sakes." 

"We'll do our bests." Rantaro answered. Kirumi gave a nod of thanks and walked away to the others. "Anyway, Angie didn't look like she was lying... Maybe she really did kill Korekiyo? I'm assuming that means Korekiyo died after Tsumugi... but who killed Tsumugi?" 

You let out a sigh, not knowing what to say, "Lets check the Monokuma file first?" 

The two of you opened up the monokuma file, which had the data of both Tsumugi's and Korekiyo's body. 

Tsumugi Shirogane: 

Time of death : 11:18 PM 

Cause of Death: Single slash to the jugular vein. 

There is evidence of head trauma.  

Korekiyo Shinguji:  

Time of death: 11:26 PM

Cause of Death: Slash to the back of the neck. 

There is evidence of head trauma. 

"Great. That's a whole lot of useful information."  You said sarcastically. "At least we do know that Korekiyo died later." 

"Head Trauma though? What could have caused that?" Rantaro asked, "Lets check the other dark rooms!"