Chapter 14

You flinched slightly at Kokichi's cold tone. You did not expect him to accuse you of being the mastermind— after all, he did lie for your sake.

"N-no, I'm not Kokichi! Please, believe me." You begged.

Kokichi took a step back, and then gave you a wicked grin. "I know, I just wanted to scare you. Someone like you being the mastermind? I can't imagine it. Tsumugi on the other hand though."

"Really?" You said. "Ugh, let's just go to bed." You then looked at the ropes, "Think you can untie me?"

"Nope, tying up people is kinda a kink of mine ya know?" Kokichi said. "IT is much more fun when you can't move."

Your face turned red, "K-Kokichi! I swear! Untie me!"

"Win a game of two truths and a lie with me and I will." Kokichi said.

You rolled your eyes, "Okay. So you want me to lie and get away with it?"

"Yeah. I want to see how good you are at lying."

You sighed, you honestly sucked at this game. "Okay lets see, I don't have any pets, I used to take ballet lessons and I like the color purple."

"Ballet lessons. That's a lie!" Kokichi claimed.

"Damn, that was my favorite lie too. It always seems to trip people up." You replied, admitting defeat.

"If you can pick out my lie, I'll untie you— otherwise you have to play a different game with me." Kokichi said.

You nodded, still kinda wondering what this "different game" would be, but not wanting to find out.

"Let's see, I love to eat pig feet, I live with only one of my parents, and..." Kokichi trailled off, "I want the killing game to continue!"

You looked at him, you already knew the answer. It was quite easy.

"All three of them are lies aren't they?" You answered.

"Wrong! The first two were lies though, so I guess I will untie you." Kokichi said.

"No." you started, "You don't want the killing game to continue, don't try to lie to yourself."

"Yes I do! It's more interesting and fun!"

"Kokichi, I can get the lying to other people, but.." You trailed off, "It's not good to lie to yourself," you were repeating the words Kokichi said to Himiko at the end of the third trial, "You're lying to yourself about your own feelings. So you're holding back."

You stopped, and looked at Kokichi. He looked stunned for a second.

"Wowwww, (Y/N). You think I'm still lying? It's the truth! The killing game is more interesting thing ever!"

You let out a sigh, you low-key wanted him to open up to you, but you knew better. "Alright Kokichi, untie me now please?"

He finally untied your hands, and then you went to go get ready for bed. Afterwards, you and Kokichi both got into the same bed, and without saying a word you and Kokichi quickly fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You opened your eyes and heard rustling around you. You slowly opened your eyes and felt sticky blood trickling down your face. You looked over at Kokichi and saw that his throat and stomach had been slashed open. Causing blood to splatter everywhere. You opened your mouth to let out a scream. However a hand covered your mouth before you could.

"Oh dear, you've awoken. Oh well, this is the price you have to pay for revealing my identity!" Tsumugi— seemingly appearing out of nowhere said, revealing herself to be the one who stopped your scream.

Before you could even attempt to throw her off, she raised an object up high and swiftly stabbed you through your stomach, you screamed, but they were muffled due to Tsumugi still covering your mouth.

"It hurts right? Good. Now Good Bye!" Tsumugi said with an evil chuckle as she pulled the knife out of your stomach again.

I can't get used to this.

And then you blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You opened your eyes again to see nothing around you.

"So I died again..." You muttered outloud. "Killing Tsumugi seems impossible, revealing her identity as a mastermind didn't work either.... making Rantaro not go to the library also wouldn't work because of the time-limit..."

You were honestly at a loss of what to do, "Oh wait. Maybe this death is...necessary? After all the final trial is a retrial of the first one..."

You felt sad though, Rantaro was one of the nicer people here. "What if... I replaced him? Replaced him with someone else? It's bad but... with Rantaro's ability and the secrets he knows... we could end the killing game faster."

You didn't want to be the sole cause of someone's death though.... you also had no idea who would take his place."

"Kaede? No. Shuichi? No. Kaito will be useful for bring up Shuichi's spirits after Kaede so no. Kokichi? Nope. Tenko and Himiko wouldn't help me with anything, making it hard for me to even try to replace Rantaro with them..."

You eventually ruled it down to either Ryoma, Maki, Kirumi and Keebo. It's not that you hated these characters, its just that they were more likely to make the plan successful and also not cause many bad things to happen if they were to die.

"Maki..." You said out loud, "Maki was a major reason why Kokichi died so... I hate to say this Maki... but you have to take Rantaro's place. I don't want Kokichi to die this time too, and we need Rantaro..."

You felt bad, you weren't sure how this plan was going to work out... but you knew you would figure it out somehow.

"Alright, now that I'm done... where's the stupid option to retry or restart?" You said outloud.

With those words, the textbox appeared infront of you again.

R E T R Y       O R        R E S T A R T?

Wait, if I restart I'd have to do the death road of despair....but that might help me bond with Maki...

You pondered your options. Finally you decided to retry, but if you died again you would restart.

"Retry, I wish to Retry!" You claimed out loud.

C H O I C E        M A D E. . . I N I T I A L I Z I N G      R E T R Y

Once again a series of 1's and 0's flooded you vision. But this time you were prepared, less scared. And you knew exactly what you had to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yup! Here's another chapter hahah! Weekends are my only time to update so I try to update each day.

Not much to say other than I'm still looking for someone to design me a good cover!

Other than that, thanks for reading!