Chapter 17

After having that conversation with Rantaro you ended up going back to Kokichi's room. Kokichi didn't seem to notice that you took a little too long to simply be at the dining hall the whole time. You shrugged and chose to ignore his silence, and soon enough you both went to sleep —or you attempted to at least. 

Eventually after a very long night, you woke up the next morning. For once Kokichi was already gone. You were curious as to why he didn't wake you up this time, but you shrugged the thought off, thinking that he probably was in a rush. 

You got ready and left the dorm room. You then headed to Maki's room and knocked on it. 

"(Y/N)? I'm coming." Maki said from inside the room. And soon enough Maki walked out in the same red and black uniform. You could hardly believe that this was the last time you were going to see her. You felt extremely sad. 

"Alright... we know the plan? I got Rantaro to patrol with me... and you should probably find some other excuse to go downstairs. Make sure you enter through the back door so you're spotted less easily." You explained to her. 

"I got it." 

Only silence remained between the two of you. You were both too worried about what was going to happen. You entered the dining hall only to be greeted by a thick tension filling the air.

"(Y/N), perfect timing. Ryoma is saying some crazy stuff." Rantaro said to Ryoma with a dark look on his face. Ryoma then proceeded to tell you his "brilliant idea".

"Ryoma..." You start, "No. Just no. Trust me when I say that if we let you do that, the guilt would be worse then dying..." 

Wow. How ironic am I being. I'm about to sacrifice Maki . Damn it! I'm not god! What right do I have to decide who lives and who dies? 

"Looks like I have a ways to go." Ryoma said cutting through your thoughts. With that he walked off. 

"Well done (Y/N), I think you calmed him down." Rantaro said after he left. He then walked closer and whispered into your ear, "We're still patrolling tonight right?" 

You nodded your head, "Alright. Just checking." Rantaro replied. "I'll see you then." 

And with that Rantaro walked out of the dining hall as well. A few other people were still in the dining hall, but you weren't feeling really chatty. 

Maki lived once. For all I know this is a dream. These guys are all fictional characters anyway... it's not like they're actually alive. The fact that I can repeat this all over again after dying is proof of that. 

You were trying to convince yourself on why it was okay that you planned Maki's death. Soon enough, you calmed down. You were ready for your plan to play out. 

Soon enough, the time you were meant to meet up with Rantaro approached quickly. You had already gone over the plan an additional time with Maki, and it turned out that she was going to go to Kaito's meeting, but then sneak out to go to the library. 

You made your way to Rantaro's dorm, and then knocked on it. "Rantaro? Let's go?" and soon enough Rantaro swung the door open and then the two of you were off. 

Not much conversation happened between you two— other than the occasional "Where should we go now?", you both kept tabs on where everyone was. Of course, you tried to steer Rantaro away from the classroom where Shuichi and Kaede were. 

Then the time-limit music started playing. 

"What? What is this music?" You asked, feigning surprise. 

"It's to tell us that the time limit is almost up... (Y/N) are you sure we shouldn't go to the library?" Rantaro responded. 

"No! Definitely not. Kaede and Shuichi are planning to stop the mastermind right before the time limit!"  

"Alright... I just hope they succeed... maybe we should go there to help them?" 

You paused for a second, you couldn't think of a good reason not to go help them. "Okay, but lets at least take a bit of time— there's still about an hour for all we know the mastermind hasn't gone to the library yet." 

"Ding dong dong ding" The video on the monitor displayed Monokuma—signaling that there was indeed only one hour left. 

"Make that an hour exactly now."  you commented. 

With that you and Rantaro made your way to the library.  You guys quickly got to the front door of the library. 

Shuichi, Kaede, Kaito, and Tenko were all outside the door. 

"(Y/N)! Rantaro! Perfect timing! The mastermind is inside right now!" Kaede shouted. 

You grimaced on the inside, you knew the truth, you knew who was inside the library. 

"Let's go then!" Rantaro said and followed the others inside. As you stepped inside, you saw the book case close. Tsumugi...

"Where... is the mastermind?" Shuichi asked. 

The six of you got closer, and a bloody sight greeted your eyes. You let out a gasp. Laying in a pool of blood at your feet, was none other than the Ultimate Assassin herself. Maki Harukawa. 

And Done! Sorry for a shorter chapter than usual! I just thought it was the best place to end this chapter... I don't have much to say! Thank's for reading!