Chapter 19

Upon hearing the announcement, you and Kokichi both went to the warehouse. There was silence between you both—most likely because Kokichi actually thought you were suspicious. It sort of hurt you to be accused but in a way... he was right.

Even if I didn't kill her directly... I did lead her to her death but... if Maki stayed alive... Kokichi would have died. And so would Rantaro. And wait... these guys are just game characters! If I could go home, I would... I need to stop being so attached. I mean sure, I did wish that one time to stay here and make friends but that was just a fluke! I just want to live, ending the killing game as soon as possible is the best way for me to do that. And we need Rantaro.

You kept repeating the same thing, trying to justify your actions. But deep in your heart, you felt guilty. The image of Maki's body kept flashing to your eyes. The way her head leaked out so much blood. And then the blood wasn't pink it was red... Red. Just like yours.

"(Y/N)? We're here." Kokichi announced.

Shaking your head to clear your thoughts, you say nothing to Kokichi and walk into the warehouse. Everyone else was already gathered and you could see Shuichi with the brown envelopes in hand.

"Kaede are those the photos?" Kaito asked. Kaede nodded her head in response.

"Well let's open them up." Ryoma responded.

"Nishishi... I can't wait to see the dumb look on the culprits face." Kokichi giggled, he then glanced at you and you returned the look. You weren't the culprit.

Kaede had already begun to open the picture from the front entrance. As you were already aware, the culprit was not in any of the pictures. When Kirumi suggested opening the pictures for the rear entrance and Kaede complied, the same result repeated. The only difference was that Maki was going through the back entrance and not Rantaro.

"That's weird, how come there isn't a picture of the mastermind entering?" Kaede asked. "Isn't it weird Shuichi?"

"L-let's move to the pictures from the hidden door camera. Those might tell us something." Shuichi replied.

And so an exact replica of the original photos appeared, only again instead of Rantaro it was Maki who opened the door and it was Maki who tried to remove the camera. But there was no culprit.

"The culprit isn't in any of the photos?" You asked. You gave a smug look to Kokichi as to say 'Ha I told you so.'

"It appears that that is the case." Korekiyo said.

"Darn... I was only slacking off because I thought this would reveal the culprit! Too bad." Kokichi stated.

"Nyeh... is this what you would call the perfect crime?" Himiko questioned.

"T-The perfect crime? No way. There must be something we're mis—" Kaede started.

"Ding dong bing bong! It's time for what you have all been waiting for! The class trial! Please make your way to the Shrine of Judgement!"

"Time's up?" Gonta exclaimed.

"I don't wanna go...." Tsumugi muttered.

"Neither do I..." Himiko agreed.

"Ha-ha! What? You scared? An NPC like you has nothing to be scared of!" Miu roared.

I guess it's time to do this huh? The class trial. I already know who the culprit is but... should I reveal it and put myself in a leadership position? Or should I let Shuichi handle this... You glanced once again at Kokichi. But there is that bet I made with Kokichi.... Alright. Sorry Shuichi and Kaede... but I'm taking over this class trial!

With confidence brimming within you, you stepped out of the warehouse. You were ready to survive.

Sorry for this short chapter! I didn't want to put the trial in this one as well since I haven't decided exactly how long the chapter is going to be.

Anyway thanks for reading!