chapter 12.

I move the container to the side and wrap my arms around his neck

I move the container to the side and wrap my arms around his neck. His hand grips my waist and pulls me a little closer towards him.

"You can take your time if you want."I reassure him as he lays his forehead in between my breast. I mindlessly played with his hair as he took a moment.

He thinks she's dead. Six feet under. Gone forever.

When in reality the bitch is globe trotting and starting trouble everyone she goes. Anthonie has been in so much pain grieving her for years, he hasn't moved on from her in years. I don't understand how you could do that to someone you love. How could you make them suffer from thinking that you're dead.

"Rose was the first woman that I loved after my mom. She helped pick up the pieces of what my mom did to me even though she came into my life years later. She helped fix me, I was happy with her." He paused causing me to pull back and look up at him only to find out that he was already staring down at me.

"At least I thought I was happy with her." My hand came up and brushed his cheek."Why do you say that?" I asked continuing my motions against his skin. "Rose wasn't exactly built for our lifestyle."

"She was innocent, fragile, would never hurt a fly type of girl."I subtly rolled my eyes at his description of her.

If only you knew, Anthonie. If only you fucking knew.

"She would always argue with me about how unsafe it was and how she wanted me out of this life." He let out a huff of air before continuing on. "I loved Rose, truly. But I didn't love her enough to leave my family and this lifestyle behind."

Anthonie valued his family over everything, nothing would ever pull him away from them or this lifestyle. He craved it, lived for the rush that we all get.

We would never be just normal people after experiencing what we see growing up. What we have to do in order to become these ruthless, cold-blooded killers. Some of us were taught that family and love was a weakness.

A crack in a strong foundation.

The Four families proved that theory to be absolute bull shit. Their love for each other was their strength, it was their foundation. Anthonie would never leave his family behind no matter how much he loved Rose.

Maybe she realized that. Maybe she realized that no matter how much she loved him or he loved her— she would never come first in his life.

"We had so many arguments throughout the relationship." His tone got softer, somber like.
"Our last one was the night she died, she blamed the stress of on my lifestyle for her not being able to have a child."

My heart aches for him.

Rose manipulated him well. Made him believe that he was the reason they weren't able to conceive and then faked her death.

His Saving Grace | Book 6On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara