chapter 50.

Rhea Knight

Rhea Knight

The sun had just risen as we waited in front of the iron wrought gates of Leopoald's chateau.

Our two hostages stood– well sat in front of them. Hands tied behind their backs and knees bound with gags stuffed in their mouths.

Sienna and a few of the agency's best snipers hid in the trees, waiting for the gates to open upn to set fire.

'' How are they going to explain the death of one of the most unhinged men in France?'' Alessandro wondered aloud.

'' A tragic house fire of course,'' Alessa shared a smirk with Alex that chilled me to the bone.

And to no one's surprise, Alex tossed a lighter into the air, catching it blindly and lit it aflame.''Some people just shouldn't play with fire. They might get burned in the process.''

And a burn he shall receive.

'' The gates are opening. Get into positions.'' Pushing off of the van that I leaned on, I walked up to Anthionie's side. He handed me the pair of binoculars that he'd stolen from Marc's room.

Now that I think about it, what did the little shit need with binoculars?

Pushing the thought aside for another time, I looked through them and smiled at the sight of my plan unfolding and coming to life. The gates opened and they came running out like children running downstairs on Christmas morning to see the ' surprise' in store for them.

'' What's happening?" Anthonie rested his hands on my waist, fingers setting a warmth throughout my body while I watched and waited for the chaos to start.

'' Zach is setting them free,'' I report, smiling as they run for their friends as if their asses had just been set ablaze. '' And now they're running. They're almost there. They're almost there. They're home free and...''

I pouted as I watched their bodies drop to the ground,'' oh! Poor things didn't cross the finish line.''

Anthonie chuckled into my ear as I watched the first phase of my plan unfold. Leopold's men dropped like flies as they failed to discover what was going on until it was too late. The snippers had taken them out, leaving no one alive to tell the story.

'' Let's go. I'm in the mood for a little revenge.'' I pushed out of Anthonie's strong hold and got into the driver's seat of the audi rs. '' Aren't you coming?" My lashes fluttered, his lips quirked up as he walked around the car to the passenger's seat.

'' Wouldn't miss this for the world,'' he leans in, gripping my chin to kiss my lips as my foot revs up the engine.

'' You wanna know what's the second baste test next to your lips?'' He spoke against my lips, his breath sending shivers down my spine and awakened something that I needed to keep a tight leash on tonight.