chapter 29.

"Marc!" I called as I walked throughout the east wing of the house

"Where is this child?" I muttered to myself as I turned the corner.

Marc was known for running off and finding new hiding places. This house was so big and he'd had plenty of time to find more during his suspension.

We didn't punish him for what he did— it was self defense.

But we did explain to him to refrain from using sharp objects against other kids. I was honestly surprised that Harrison's parents didn't threaten to sue, they seemed like the type.

I would hate to know what kind of kid he grew up to be.It seemed that he already had a little bit of a temper already.

It was safe to say that from now on he wouldn't be fucking with my kid if he knew what was good for him.

"Marc, come on out, I made your favorite for lunch."

I had rarely been on this side of the house because it was the wing where the guest stayed. The floorboards creaked as I took a step forward. Anthonie insisted on keeping the original wood in his home from what he told me. Every now and then they would creak from how old they were.

I rubbed my hands up and down my arms, a chilly draft was in the air as I continued down the dark hallway. The hairs on the back of my neck stood straight as the door behind me creaked open slowly.

Turning on my heels, I turned towards the door that creaked, swinging it open, I found that it was a linen closet.

"Hmmph," I hum as I turn the light switch off and turn around.

"Holy fudge sticks up a fucking fudge tree Marc!" I gasp out as I lean against the door frame, my hand clutching my heart as the other cradles my baby bump.

Marc simply grins as he takes off his ghost face mask.

"God damn it Marc! You almost gave me a heart attack."

Halloween was two weeks ago. Marc went as ghost face, Stefano went as Jason, and Maverick went as Micheal Meyers's.

Ever since then those little fuckers found any moment to scare the shit out of us.

Anthonie and Sebastian were ecstatic to see the two getting along together so well.

And although Maverick was only a year younger, the three of them were practically inseparable.

"You made my favorite I heard," he cheesed as he spun on his heels and headed towards the way that I had just come.

After getting over my near heart attack, I followed after the dark haired child as my heart beat began to normalize.

Once we got into the kitchen, Marc stood on his tip-toes as he washed his hands thoroughly under the warm water. When he was done he dried his hands off and made his way to the barstools in front of the island.