chapter 24.

Rhea Knight

Rhea Knight

"Are you sure that you are up for this right now?" Anthonie questions as we park the car."We could always wait until piggy is here."

I roll my eyes at his fascination with calling me and our unborn child "piggy" or "piglet".

It was kind of weird— yet it was growing on me at the same time.

"Anthonie," I turn towards him as I unbuckle my seat belt."This baby is not stopping a damn thing right now. It's better we get this done and over with now, rather than later."

He thought on for a minute before nodding his head in agreement. I waited for him to come around and open the passenger door as I got a call from Kahleen.

We agreed to meet up for a late lunch later today after Marco was picked up from school.

I get like I was getting a hang of this whole mom thing. Although, I gather that he was already a kid and was able to tell us what he wanted and needs.

Anthonie was the only one with experience with babies, he adored them. I, on the hand had little to none.

I wouldn't be pissed of the baby liked Anthonie more than me, but I would be a little salty due to the fact that I'm the one carrying this baby around for eight to nine months.

The door opened as I locked my phone and grabbed Anthonie's awaiting hand. He helped me out of the car and closed the door as I exited. We made our way to the front door of the De'luca household.

It had been almost two weeks since we locked Rose in a cell. I hadn't had the time to visit her due to finding out I had a father, Marco starting up school, and my Ob appointments.

I was a busy women.

"How has the house guest been?" I question after we greet the family. Anthonie sits down on a chair and yanks me onto his lap before I could have a chance to pull out my own.

"Quiet as a fucking church mouse." Abby had no trouble hiding her annoyance as she spoke.

"She won't say a thing and just stares off into space."

My lips purse as I go into deep thought. Abby was at her five month mark in her pregnancy. She wasn't spilling any beans on the gender of the baby or babies.

These De'luca genes were strong— I'd rather her or Natalia have a set of twins before I do.

"Have the twins talked to her yet?" Maybe Rose just needed a little push in the right direction. I'm sure the twins would love to have a go at her after everything Anthonie went through.