chapter 23.

"Rhea stop!" I heard Roman call after me as I exit the building

"Rhea stop!" I heard Roman call after me as I exit the building."Please."

"You knew that you were my father and you didn't tell me!"I shout once he comes in front of me.

Luckily the street had little to no by passers at the moment so there wasn't much of an audience to experience our father-daughter spat.

"Why? Why let me go through all of this? Why did you let me think that I was alone for so many years?" I push as I pound at his chest, hot tears spilled down my face as he stood there taking it.

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

Roman took a few breath before grabbing my hands. He lowered his forehead onto mine as I crumbled into him.

"I'm a fucked up person Rhea."

Tell me something I don't fucking know.

"I didn't know for sure until that accident you had a few years back. You needed a blood transfusion and our blood types were the same."

I remembered that, my blood type was B- which is one of the rarest blood types. At that moment I was just grateful that he donated that I didn't think any more of it.

"I had my suspicions ever since you were placed in our care,you looked so much like her. They were confirmed that night at the hospital when the nurse came back with the results."

"I didn't know how to tell you," He sighed as I wiped at my tears." I didn't even know what to think. I put you through so much at a young age and made you endure so much trauma over the years."

"Why are you telling me this now?" I question as my body calms down a little.

"Because Rhea," He pulls apart and dries my tears with his thumb. "I'm sick, and I don't want to live the rest of my life with you thinking that you have no one left."

"I want to be here for you."

But you're just going to leave me in the end...just like mom. I couldn't take any more loss or pain in my life— not when i'm finally getting the happiness that I deserve.

"Rhea," I heard Anthonie's voice behind me.

I turned away from Roman and walked towards him. "What's wrong, baby?" He questioned as he tilted my head to stare down at me.

I took a deep breath as he waited patiently for me to speak. His eyes were soft as he waited for me to speak what had me in tears. I was grateful that he didn't jump to conclusions and read that as something that it wasn't.

We're making progress here.

"He's my father." I whisper as his eyes widened in shock. His gaze slides over to Roman and assess's him.

"You know, I kind of see it." He squints his eyes a little as I let out a chuckle and wipe at my nose.

Of course he would crack a joke just to make me feel better. A snort bubbles it's way out of my mouth as I grabbed his hand.