chapter 18.

"Okay,"Alex started as we walked into the meeting room the next room

"Okay,"Alex started as we walked into the meeting room the next room. "What happened last night?"

"You seemed so pissed off after meeting Rose."

I rub my temples at the pounding headache that i've had ever since speaking to that bitch. It was the worst fifteen minutes of my damn life.

And that's saying a lot.

"You're ex is a real piece of work, Ant." He gives me shoulder squeeze before sitting down next to me.

"Rose doesn't know that you know about the kid. She thinks that you won't kill her over her betrayal because of what your own mother did."

"Does she know about you and Anthonie?" Ashanti asked, playing with whatever charm was on her necklace.

I shake my head frantically,"Hell no."

"She was more focused on Anthonie being able to protect her from that bounty on her head. She believes that you'll protect her because you still love her."

The whole table let out chuckles in disbelief at that.

"So she's manipulative and delusional." Alessandro shakes his head slowly."There's something not right upstairs with that woman."

I don't think that's it.

"What exactly was said during this sit down?Antonio asked.

I pulled out my phone and pulled up my audio recordings and clicked the play button.

flashback:

"Bitch is in my sight." I say as I make my way across the street.

Rose sits down at one of the tables outside and picks up and menu. I pull down my snapback before sliding in the seat across from her.

She jumps a little when she looks up from the menu. I took this time to observe her before saying what I needed to say.

"Uh hey." She laughs uncomfortably under
my stare.

Brunette hair, hazel eyes, her top lip was a smidge bigger than her bottom lip. Her voice was nice and soft, soothing like. It was clear that she kept herself together pretty well, not a hair was out of place on her head.

She was pretty...

But her manipulative tendencies made it hard for me to find her beautiful. It made it hard for me to find exactly what Anthonie fell for when he saw her.

Because all I saw was a woman who was too damn selfish that she felt the need to fake her death and keep her son away from his father.

"Hello Rose." I say smiling as her brows pinch together in confusion. "I would like to keep this conversation short and simple. I'm going to surpass the bullshit and get straight to the point."