chapter 38.

" We are so sorry, Rhea

" We are so sorry, Rhea." The twins profusely apologized as we sat at brunch three weeks after their dress rehearsal.

It has been a very busy time for them due to their wedding being in less than a week. Today they took the time out of their schedule to come join me at my ob appointment since Anthonie and the guys had an important meeting with potential new investors.

" She's been fired and will never work a four family event again." Alex places her classic french tipped manicured fingers onto the table, her ring caught the light almost blinding me as she turns to Alessa. " We should get her blacklisted."

Alessa tilts her head, her jaw opening slightly as she hums." We should, shouldn't we?"

Before I could object they had already brought out their phones and began to type. Whatever damage was made was already done and the wedding planner was most likely getting phone calls from her clients cutting her off.

I simply brought my straw to my lips, holding it still as I sipped on my peach tea lemonade. The girls and I were out at lunch, today they would be joining me for my next ob/gyn appointment. I already told the doctor not to mention the gender at all today, specifically because I wanted it to be a surprise.

" Fucking with someone in this family is like getting too close to a tiger," Sage spoke, her mass of curly hair looked golden as the sun reflected on the curls that sat ontop of her head in a bun. "You just don't do it.''

Looking at Sage you would think that she is the complete opposite of a psychopath. She has this sweetness to her that hides the darkness in her soul a little too well. But I guess that's what happens when you've been forced to suppress your true self for a while, keeping it hidden to please other people.

" Some people just learn that the hard way," Natalia shrugged.

I chuckle as I adjust the shades on top of my head. Despite the weather being cold, the sun was shining today and the skies were clear. Regardless, I was still bundled up in multiple layers of clothing to keep warm.

I had on a white turtleneck under a thick blue-grey sweater. I wore a set of tights under the flared leg grunts I chose to wear for extra warmth. And my feet were protected by my thick nike socks and my air force.

My black North Face jacket sat on the back of the seat as the check came around. As I went to grab the check, the waiter took out the receipt and handed it to me." The check had already been taken care of."

The girls and I exchange a look of confusion.

We had all agreed on splitting the check but by the looks on their faces none of them slipped their card to the waiter when we weren't looking. " By who?" Ashanti inquired with furrowed brows.

" They insisted that the payment be anonymous."

"Was it one or more people?" Karma asked, the waiter getting flustered at the female attention he was receiving right now.