epilogue

Rhea Knight- De'luca

Two years later

I watch from afar as Nonna walks Calliope down the aisle, flowers falling into the sand on the beach. My hands squeeze the bouquet of colorful poppies and bellium until my father's hand graces the bare skin of my elbows.

My dress was simple. An off white floor length slip style dress with minimal lace detailing the neckline.

I didn't want the big puffy wedding dress that every little girl dreams of. I didn't dream of a life I thought I'd never get as a child. That didn't start until I got older and retired.

Even then I didn't want that. I just wanted to be surrounded by my friends and loved ones.

" Ready?" My father asks, my feet dug into the warm sand of the private beach on Zakynthos.

Inhaling a deep breath, I nod, subconsciously rubbing the small I tattooed on his wrist. " More than ready," I spoke, taking the first step forward into the start of the rest of my life.

I clung to my father's arms, a smile gracing my face as we walked down the aisle towards the wedding canopy with a view of the water behind it. My heart thundered in my chest as we walked down the aisle, each step lighter than the next when my eyes met with Anthonie's.

His lips parted as his gaze stayed unmoving from my approaching figure. He didn't even flinch when Antonio squeezed his shoulder, smiling proudly that they got to see the day that his whore of a brother got married...

his words... not mine.

Only when our two year old shouted out a "mama!" did he snap out of his gaze and look at our daughter.

With jet black wavy hair down to her shoulders, our daughter was a spitting image of me more and more every day. Her eyes, just like mine, sparkle in the sunlight when I wave at her.

Marc who sat next to her, pulled her into his lap, keeping her from running off into the aisle. Instead of throwing a tantrum like one would suspect, she leaned into her brother's touch and waved back.

Anthonie's lips parted into a broad grin at my interaction with our daughter.

When my father gives me away, he silently presses a kiss to my forehead before his fingers drift away from my skin. I take Anthonie's hand in mine as I stand in front of him, ready to say ' I do.'

Anthonie removes his hand from mine for a quick minute. My eyes drop to the actions of his hands signing ' if this lewiston doesn't hurry the fuck up and let me say my vows, we'll be having a red fucking wedding.'

Pursing my lips, I tried to keep in my laugh as I signed back. ' And here I thought that you were going to tell me how beautiful I looked.'

Anthonie's eyes shamelessly takes up and down my body once more and I'm transported back to the day where I'm sitting with Violeta in the front of the dance studio. He's just walked through the doors and I am captured in awe by everything that was him.