chapter 41.

" Fuck!" Abby turns her body in her bed as I hold onto her hand

She was in so much pain.

" You're almost there Lena. Just a few more centimeters to go. Do you want anything?" Rebekah, her mother asked as she stopped down next to her pillow.

" I want them out." She cries, tears running down her red cheeks as Antonio comes back into the room with her ice chips.

He immediately rushed next to her, taking my place and climbing into bed with her. Abby turns into his body and hides her face from out view.

" It hurts." Her cries were muffled due to her face being hidden in Antonio's hoodie.

Antonio looked so defeated.

Abby was in possibly the worst pain of her life right now. Add on the complications of her pregnancy and her possibly having to do a c-section was probably driving his mind crazy.

" I know, Sole. I know it hurts but it'll all be over soon and our babies will be in our arms." He presses a double kiss to her temple." It'll all be worth it. I love you. You are strong. You are amazing and you will do amazing."

I smiled to myself as I excused myself from the room, allowing Abby and Antonio to have their moment alone together.

Walking out into the waiting area the first thing that caught my sight was Marc asleep with his head laying on Stefano's shoulder. The both of them were knocked out, iPads barely hanging in their grasps and mouths wide open as they emitted soft snores.

I grabbed a blanket big enough to cover them both out of my bag and placed it over them. Stefano shifted slightly causing Marc's head to fall in the process.

Leaning forward I placed a soft kiss on Marc's forehead, brushing the hair out of his eyes. "Όνειρα γλυκά διαβολάκι," my hand drifts from his face slowly as he nuzzled into my palm. " I love you."

— Sweet dreams little devil

Standing up to my full height I admire the two a little longer before turning around. Anthonie stood leaning against the wall with his arms crossed and a small tilt to his lips.

" What?" I pulled down the back of my shirt as I approached him.

He shook his head as his first instinct was to bring me closer to him. His hands wrapped around my waist as he placed his forehead against mine.

" You're so good with him." He closes his eyes, inhaling deeply. " You're an amazing mother to him, Rhea."

A mother.

I was a mother.

I had never seen myself going down this path a few months before Anthonie shamelessly waltzed his way into my life.

I had never imagined that I would be starting a family with anyone let alone a fucking womanizing De'Luca.

Taming a playboy was never a part of my goals in life. I wasn't even focused on starting a relationship with anyone for that matter. My goal was helping children find their dreams.