chapter 46.

Rhea Knight

Rhea Knight

One month.

It's been a month since Calliope was born.

My sweet little Calliope.

I was in love with her. Anthonie was in love with her.

And Marc— Marc wouldn't let her out of his sight.

It was a hassle to get him to go to school these days. He was already her protector. Whenever she cried he was by her side. When she was grouchy, he was right there prying her out of my arms.

Calliope was Marc's little angel.

Every time I saw them together, I couldn't help but tear up. And it sucked because I couldn't blame it on the pregnancy hormones anymore.

In one month our family had experienced so much joy that I had only had a limited amount of time experiencing growing up.

Walking into my closet after doing a clean makeup look and styling my hair into a slicked back spikey bun, I slipped into my black spaghetti strapped dress. Smiling, I made my way over to my jewelry case where my latest pieces sat.

Anthonie had spared no limits when it came to spoiling me after giving birth to Calliope. I had no idea what a push present was until he brought out the entire cartier store for me.

I loved jewelry more than anything— bracelets to be exact.

The next week I was given Van Cleef and Arapels. The week after that he surprised me with three Valentino bags. A few days after that he gifted me a Ferrari 488 in Midnight blue because he says that the color brings out my eyes.

Of course that would be used when I wasn't on mommy duty.

Sadly for him, I hadn't gotten cleared to engage in sexual activities regarding penetration by the doctor just yet. To compromise he'd gotten a lot of blow jobs and I got a lot of head in return.

He didn't mind though.

Opening one of my jewelry boxes, I mixed a stack of bracelets together from Cartier and Van Cleef. After putting in some simple silver hoops, I slipped into my Hermès sandals and grabbed my bag.

Stepping in front of my mirror, I turned to the side and examined my body. I had been working out since giving birth to Calliope. My body was slowly but surely getting back into the place that I wanted but I would miss my little pouch.

And Anthonie adored it. He adored everything that came with my mom body.

Nodding my head at the look I'd thrown together, I grabbed the baby bag that sat on the island and exited the closet.

Walking into Calliope's nursery, a smile immediately took over my face as I approached her crib and looked over to see her eyes bright and observant.

" Hello baby girl," I cooed, reaching into the crib and picked her up with gentle hands. " Are you ready to go see bubba for family dinner? We're going to stop by the office and surprise him before picking up Marc. How does that sound?"