chapter 40.

It had been a hectic last week with the wedding

But now that everything was settled down and the waters were slightly calming, I had a few things to get done before we joined Antonio and Abby in Italy.

Her babies would be coming any day now.

" Hey dad." I laid my phone on my shoulder as I got inside of the car and threw my purse into the passenger's seat.

" I haven't heard from you in the last week and I was wondering if everything was okay. Please call me back as soon as you can. I'm going to be in Italy for a few days. Call me back and maybe we can go grab lunch when I get back."

"I love you."

Ever since Roman and I started developing more of a father daughter relationship, he would call me almost every other day. But for the past week he hasn't been answering the phone and I was getting worried.

It was so unlike him.

I hoped that everything was alright. He was my only living relative left and I couldn't lose anyone else. It would be too much in my heart.

Sighing, I headed towards Marc Anthonie's elementary school. The entire drive there my brain ran with all these thoughts, good and bad. I just hoped that my dad was okay. I needed him to be okay.

Before I knew it, I was being pulled into the parking lot of Marc's school to pick him up. Stepping out of the car, I zip up my puffer jacket and stuff my hands into my pocket as I approach the building.

" Hey. I'm here to pick up Marc Anthonie De'luca for early dismissal." I greet the receptionist.

"Name?" She asked.

" Rhea Knight." I gave her the name. She checks the list and confirms that I am on the list to check him out.

"Just sign the clipboard and he'll be right out."

I grabbed the pen and signed the clipboard. After dropping the pen I had squirted two pumps of sanitizer in my hand before pivoting and taking a seat in a chair as I waited for him to arrive.

As the seconds passed I couldn't help but check my phone for any messages or missed calls from my father.

He's fine Rhea.

Maybe he's just busy.

The sounds of footsteps had me looking up to see Marc Anthonie walking into the office. I'm immediately up out of my seat and fixing my bag over my shoulder.

" Ready to go?" I smiled, holding out my hand for him as he nods. " Good. We have some last minute packing to do and a few errands. We have to wait for dad to get done with his meeting and then we can leave."

We would be the last ones getting to Italy due to Anthonie's last minute meeting that would be postponed. Abby's babies could be here any day now, maybe any second. I just hoped that we would make it on time.