chapter 27.

Rhea Knight

Rhea Knight

It had been a hectic week.

The girls and I had been helping Natalia redecorate her nursery to accommodate two babies instead of one.

Natalia was still in shock that she didn't realize she was having twins. She couldn't have known since Anastasiya hid behind her older sister.

It was kind of cute once you thought about it—Katya being the protector even in the womb.

Although I feel as they older they get the more protective Anastasiya will be over Katya.

They were in fact Identical twins, despite the difference in eye color. But that made it easier on all of us to determine who was who.

That and Katya had a very hard to miss birthmark on her shoulder— it kind of looked like a cloud.

"How was the doctor's appointment?" Kahleen asked excitedly as I dropped my purse on the countertop of the island in the closet.

I put the phone on speaker as I began to strip.

"It went well. The baby looks good and healthy, she suggested a brand for prenatal vitamins so i'll go pick those up. We could've—" I stumbled as I pulled off my sock. My hand reached out and held the counter top as I steadied myself.

"Are you okay?" Carmen's alarmed tone came through the speaker as I let out a giggle.

"I'm good— just a little clumsy." I could already picture the girls shaking their heads at my response.

"But as I was saying," I huff as I place my socks on the counter."We could've found out the gender today but Anthonie wants to wait a bit longer." I say as I make my way towards my side of the closet.

"That way Marc has time to figure out what his name and we have time to figure out ours."

I truly hoped that it was a girl just for the sole fact that Marc would be naming her. I think it would be a great way to start off their sibling bond.

"How is Marc by the way? We saw Gianni and Natalia's engagement video, that kid is something else." Carmen chuckled as I bit my bottom lip.

Shaking my head I said,"That kid doesn't miss a beat. He loves shitting on Gianni, I think he bullies him so much because he's his favorite."

Let him tell it he didn't have a favorite— bullshit.

"What about Rose, or are we calling her Emmaline now a days?" Kahleen asked, I laughed at her pettiness as I looked through my closet for an out fit.