chapter 19.

Marc Anthonie De'luca

I stared at her as I cut up my apples.

I loathed her.

She lied and kept me away from my father. I wish she would just drop dead so that I could leave.

She doesn't let me do anything.

I have no friends, no family, no communication with anyone unless she allows it.

But thanks to the internet I was able to figure out where my dad worked. I wanted to see him again.

Hopefully he wouldn't be too mad at me for sneaking off.

My gaze shifted from the knife to her and back to the knife.

What if she just ran into it ?

I shook my head of the thought and hopped off of the stool. She would be leaving in five minutes, which meant the nanny would be up soon.

I hopped off of my step stool and placed the knife carefully into the sink. I washed my hands and dried them off before going to the bathroom.

Making sure that I locked the door, I quickly made my way into the medicine cabinet.

According to research there were tons of different prescriptions for sleeping pills, I just hoped she would have one in here somewhere.

"D-iaz—" I looked at my slanted handwriting as I tried to sound out the words.

"Diazepam." I mumbled as I looked at the medicine bottles in the cabinet. I quickly spotted it and pulled the bottle out of the cabinet.

"Twist and squeeze." I read the label on top and followed the directions. I eventually got it open after a few tries and poured out two pills.

"Maybe I should do three." I poured another one into my hand and stuffed them into my pockets.I flushed the toilet as I put the bottle back into its rightful place and closed the door.

After washing my hands, I turned the water off and left the bathroom.

"I'm leaving." She crouched down in front of me and adjusted my stupid crew neck sweater that she made me wear."Be good for Gina."

I'd be extra good for Gina.

I gave her the fakest smile I could muster up as she leaned in for a kiss."I love you."